Author Topic: Tea time!  (Read 4836 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Tea time!
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 09:02:35 AM »
Wegman's has some very good loose leaf tea, and the prices are simply amazing.

Their earl grey is very good, but I'm partial to their Egyptian Peppermint. Very strong.

Also, their selection of loose tea is very good- I'm sure you can find several blends to try.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 09:40:40 AM »
MMMMMmmmmmmm....

Large thermos of super strong Maxwells House with half and half...

It makes mornings bearable...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »
MMMMMmmmmmmm....

Large thermos of super strong Maxwells House with half and half...

It makes mornings bearable...

I can have coffee, I just need to cut back.  I'm having a cup of crappy Keurig coffee right now in fact. :P

Wegman's has some very good loose leaf tea, and the prices are simply amazing.

Their earl grey is very good, but I'm partial to their Egyptian Peppermint. Very strong.

Also, their selection of loose tea is very good- I'm sure you can find several blends to try.

I need to check Wegmans.  We have several here in NoVa, but I never seem to get out to them often (or even yearly it seems).

Thanks!

Chris

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
The only tea I drink is Luzianne caffeinetted, sweet and cold. I get it at the grocery store and drink it in a mason jar, by God.

This.

As God intended it.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »
Another vote for Earl Grey, here.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 03:43:50 PM »
I need to check Wegmans.  We have several here in NoVa, but I never seem to get out to them often (or even yearly it seems).

Thanks!

Chris

If you go shooting at the NRA range, there is a Wegman's within 5 minutes of the range. (Sometimes less or more, depending on the lights.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
Actually that's the only one I've been to.  I don't go to the NRA range much since joining the IWLA.  IWLA is more convenient and less crowded.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »
Try harris teeter. They have some decent teas.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 11:24:09 PM »
I ordered the IngenuiTEA and it's enroute via UPS.  Sending a sample of some cinnamon flavored tea.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 12:37:35 AM »
Anything relatively natural is good for ya, and in moderation.
Scientists are still figuring out all the anti-oxidants in coffee, and it's effects on diabeetus. (lol sp)
I drink 88 ounces of coffee a week.  Each week, every week, no fail. I eat junk food from-time-to-time, but always savory, never sweet.

Fish, seafood, legumes, lean meat, crucifers and whole grains comprise 99% of my diet. Sawbones even comments on it. BP 116/68. Arteries are clear. Overall diet is sound. If something nails me out of the blue, sawbones says it will be cancer, and not a CV disease.

Cold comfort, but anyway.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 11:48:04 AM »
Reviving this because I bought the IngenuiTea and a 30oz IntelliTea kettle. Impressed with both. The kettle boils water faster than I can do it in the microwave, with variable temp settings for lighter teas.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »
Hold on a minute. Some of you are drinking loose-leaf tea? I thought we dumped that in the harbor a long time ago. Didn't we fight a revolution so we could get our tea in bags, like civilized people?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
Hold on a minute. Some of you are drinking loose-leaf tea? I thought we dumped that in the harbor a long time ago. Didn't we fight a revolution so we could get our tea in bags, like civilized people?

No, for the right to buy cheaper Chinese tea. Form factor irrelevant.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »

Tea bagging is so last year.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »
Little known fact...

The Tea Act to which the Colonists reacted so badly?

It made tea CHEAPER than it had been previously, to the point where it undercut the price that smuggled Dutch tea was bringing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:10:10 AM by Mike Irwin »

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »
I love my morning coffee, strong and black.  I only drink two cups then and tea the rest of the day.  I prefer Chinese gunpowder tea with ginsing, or plain green tea or jasmine tea....chris3