Author Topic: Why not carry open?  (Read 5578 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Why not carry open?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 11:01:40 PM »
IMO, we need to work toward making open carry acceptable everywhere. 

And you do that by carrying.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 11:07:12 PM »
IMO, we need to work toward making open carry acceptable everywhere. 

And you do that by carrying.

I believe another one of your "free state" people was just arrested for disturbing the peace by doing that.

At this rate, they're going to get the laws changed to ban open carry in certain areas. I hope they'll be proud.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 11:11:43 PM »

I believe another one of your "free state" people was just arrested for disturbing the peace by doing that.

Countdown for lawsuit, then. If you are arrested while peacefully going about your business and not doing anything illegal, then you should sue

Further, as you well know - because you posted in multiple threads where this was discussed - there is a bunch of such protests across the US, by the VCDL and others. Under your argument, open carry will soon be banned everywhere.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner