Author Topic: Another reason Republicans will lose  (Read 8038 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Another reason Republicans will lose
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 03:08:17 PM »
BLARG HATE BUSH HATE BUSH *foam*

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »
You guys just don't get it. rolleyes   This is so funny.  Riley is Karl Rove.  Heck I've known that for at least a year now.  He has been having a ball playing with your minds all this time.  Ha ha ha laugh

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »
No need to argue over whether or not Bush was a president or the republicans are a failure as a party-check out the election results.

Maybe everyone's just so dumb they can't see the greatness of the past 8 years.  But definitely people who are satisfied with the republicans and with GW are a minority. 

There's always the "history will remember us well" fantasy to keep that minority going, I guess.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 05:16:15 PM »
There's always the "history will remember us well" fantasy to keep that minority going, I guess.

I think it will be overshadowed when McCain invades Iran.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 05:17:57 PM »

One can only hope.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »

It's mindboggling to think that there are actually relatively well educated people who believe that to be a good idea.

There's proof of the power of ideology-enough education and propaganda can make almost any fact irrelevant.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 05:25:50 PM »

It's mindboggling to think that there are actually relatively well educated people who believe that to be a good idea.

There's proof of the power of ideology-enough education and propaganda can make almost any fact irrelevant.

Either that or it really is a good idea.  I certainly don't think it's a bad idea. And as we move away from our victory in Iraq it will appear better and better all the time.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 05:45:18 PM »
One can only hope.

Easy to say when you're not the one going.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »
i have 4 grandkids in the service   2 been to iraq and back and one of those is in afghanistan now one of the others is over there now and the last one will be shortly. likely that my second set of kids will end up going if they chose military service   and it seems to run in the family.
would i rather they not go? heck yes. do i think a fight once started should be finished?  absolutely and i'm not a nice man while i recognize it takes boots on the ground to hold territory. i'd advocate a real shock and awe program pre invasion.i know all about collateral casualties and i'd rather they were someone elses

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 08:13:20 PM »
well on the new sub topic of invading Iran, I say, NO!
The bureaucracy in charge of war nowadays is to interested in punishing soldiers for killing the enemy.
Also, some of the most beautiful women on Gods earth live in Iran, airlift victorias secret catalogs and bras and stuff, make up, perfume and some mini skirts.
The army will be to busy to notice all the nightclubs and McDonalds being built because they will be to ...ahem...busy
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Paddy

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »
The only overriding theme to your political beliefs is a raging hatred for the Republican Party.  That's fine, you're free to hate whomever you like.  But do realize, before trying to start political discussions, that your blind rage doesn't lend itself to rational discussions.

Exactly.  I was a member of the Republican Party and voted Republican FOR 40 YEARS because I have a 'raging hatred for the Republican Party'.  What have you been doing for the last 40 years?