Author Topic: Shades of Nuremberg  (Read 6041 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Shades of Nuremberg
« on: March 04, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »
If you have a grasp of early 20th century history, the following is a mite chilling.

http://www.dipdive.com/dip-politics/wato/

Paging Leni Riefenstahl...

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Paddy

Re: Shades of Nuremberg
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »
Mass delusion is approaching epidemic proportions.  Maybe environmental pollution has reached neurotoxic levels? 

All I can say is there are going to be a helluva lotta seriously disappointed people should Obama be elected POTUS.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »
But, he can unite America! He'll be our president!

I'm glad Jessica Alba can't act, so I won't be missing anything by still not watching her crap movies.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »
Hang the banners high! grin

1.  He won't be my President.
2.  I'll put up a much better fight than all the Jews of Germany combined. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Strings

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »
I was begining to think I was the only person looking at Obama, and seeing Hitler.

Not to say the man's a Nazi, rather the way he all but mesmerizes the crowd...

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »
Not to say the man's a Nazi, rather the way he all but mesmerizes the crowd...

Like Lenin....  IIRC, he was touted as a much better speaker then Uncle Adolf, but there aren't any/many surviving newsreels/films of his speeches......

Although it seems like the press has turned on him somewhat.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

nico

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
If you have a grasp of early 20th century history, the following is a mite chilling.

I get the point that people are mindlessly buying into nonspecific "change," but is there more to your analogy? 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »
Just about every candidate/incumbent has run ads that could be considered in the same vein.

Reagan's "It's Morning in America," anyone?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 02:29:14 AM »

I get the point that people are mindlessly buying into nonspecific "change," but is there more to your analogy? 

Ever watch Triumph of the Will?
1. Religious fervor for a secular purpose.
2. Unifying theme overriding all others
3. Power/authority given to the unifying agents
4. Use of art to focus on imagery rather than ideas
5. "Artistic" types and university denizens in the vanguard

It not just the "change" message, but the whole package, to include artistic presentation of Obama-cult rally participants (never shown, only heard in this case). 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

nico

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 05:30:14 AM »
Ever watch Triumph of the Will?
1. Religious fervor for a secular purpose.
2. Unifying theme overriding all others
3. Power/authority given to the unifying agents
4. Use of art to focus on imagery rather than ideas
5. "Artistic" types and university denizens in the vanguard

It not just the "change" message, but the whole package, to include artistic presentation of Obama-cult rally participants (never shown, only heard in this case). 

I've never heard of it, but I agree with your characterization of the Obama supporters (Obamination?).

fwiw, my question was serious (just in case it came across as sarcastic).  I'm 24 and the more time I spend on this board and THR, the more I feel like I got gypped in high school history (or maybe I should have taken more in college)

Skofnung

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 11:43:38 AM »
Well that little production was disturbing.

This whole messianic vibe he's throwing off creeps me out in a big way.

macadore

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 02:29:56 PM »
I was begining to think I was the only person looking at Obama, and seeing Hitler.
Nope, he's dangerous.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
I wasn't seeing Hitler, I was seeing the anti-Christ, Thank God we have the bad witch, she will use her super delegate powers to smite him.
the bad witch won't be accused of stealing votes because she is a D.
Stealing votes is only bad when you're an R

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 04:32:49 PM »
I wasn't seeing Hitler, I was seeing the anti-Christ, Thank God we have the bad witch, she will use her super delegate powers to smite him.

So you're saying that this is a case where we need to fight evil with another kind of evil?

Yea, watching that clip did bring to mind the rallies in Nuremburg, Moscow and Bejing.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

nico

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

I actually think it's pretty funny that a lot of dems are starting to turn on Clinton.  It's like they're suddenly realizing what a lot of us have always known: her and her husband are both conniving sleaze balls who only will do anything to get ahead.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 05:40:48 PM »

I actually think it's pretty funny that a lot of dems are starting to turn on Clinton.  It's like they're suddenly realizing what a lot of us have always known: her and her husband are both conniving sleaze balls who only will do anything to get ahead.

I think they only want to be on the side they think is winning.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 03:07:05 AM »
Do please rent / buy Triumph of the Will.

It is probably the most brilliant piece of cinematic propaganda ever produced. 

Also, before watching it, try to get your head in a receptive mode, not captive to the last 70 years' judgments.

Record what the film evokes in you, then think about what it evokes/tries to evoke versus what occurred when these folks acquired power.

Think about the folks who are not able to put themselves outside the moment, who get all swept up in the emotion generated by the film or similar products.

Then think of trying to make a rational argument against their man and their plan, when rational had nothing to do with their man & plan, to begin with.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

johnster999

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 10:31:46 PM »
At what point will Obamism be ruled as being protected under "freedom of religion"?

Paddy

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »
Obamamamasama will be a one term fart in the breeze,  because he won't deliver anything near what he's promised. 

I don't really care.  If the younger generation can't appreciate what they've been freely given, they deserve to lose it.  Let them be shackled for a few generations.  Doesn't affect me at all.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 01:24:46 AM »
I have to agree with Riley on this one.....he's not competent enough to be a Hitler.....maybe Mussolini or Franco.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 05:08:26 AM »
I have to agree with Riley on this one.....he's not competent enough to be a Hitler.....maybe Mussolini or Franco.....
Remember that Hitler spent time in jail because his first attempt to seize power was unsuccessful. He learned from that attempt and came back even stronger.

Obama has this mesmerizing quality about him that makes people who are easily swayed quite vulnerable to his pitch.

Could be the generally poor quality of our urban public school systems is at least partially to blame.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 05:12:52 AM »
I still think Obama, at some level, answers to Emperor Daley of Chicago, being that he's a product of the political machine there.

As I said, just imagine Chicago politics in the White House, on a national level, with Daley puppets in the cabinet. Daley is what Boss Tweed aspired to be.

johnster999

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 07:03:52 AM »
I still think Obama, at some level, answers to Emperor Daley of Chicago, being that he's a product of the political machine there.

As I said, just imagine Chicago politics in the White House, on a national level, with Daley puppets in the cabinet. Daley is what Boss Tweed aspired to be.

You know, I think that's about right.

Folks might ask "how could DC get any more corrupt and dangerous?" Well just install a puppet of the Chicago/Daley machine and there you go.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 07:16:28 AM »
Just for the record, I am NOT calling BHO a Nazi.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.