Author Topic: the peoples party does it to em again  (Read 2218 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

the peoples party does it to em again
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »
Tax Break
USA Today reports that Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton both have helped enact narrowly crafted tax breaks designed to benefit campaign contributors. The Democratic presidential candidates pushed through the tariff relief provisions despite promises on the campaign trail that they would work to limit the influence of Washington lobbyists.

Such obscure trade legislation, known as tariff suspensions, was the subject of a Washington Post investigation published in 2006. The project revealed that each year members of Congress quietly introduced hundreds of the little-known trade bills. The legislation had proliferated without public notice, delivering the breaks to favored corporations whose names appeared nowhere in the bills. The Post's calculations showed that in 2006 alone, Congress introduced more than 1,400 bills seeking tariff suspensions -- a record number that cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue. The analysis showed that the vast majority of the bills benefited large foreign firms, such as Bayer AG.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/washingtonpostinvestigations/?hpid=news-col-blog

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: the peoples party does it to em again
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
In order to have "campaign finance reform", one must first drastically reduce the power of government.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »
In order to have "campaign finance reform", one must first drastically reduce the power of government.

Sound the "Dangerous, kooky, and possibly unpatriotic" alarm! 
Such talk is for tin-foil-hatters and blame-America-firsters, pinko.
More POWER!!!!
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 05:44:38 PM »

Sound the "Dangerous, kooky, and possibly unpatriotic" alarm! 
Such talk is for tin-foil-hatters and blame-America-firsters, pinko.
More POWER!!!!
No, it gets dangerous and kooky when someone proposes turning the clock back on foreign policy to a time when America was on the butt side of the universe and it took months to get here.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
Yes it's unfortunate that even in these amazing modern times we still can't seem to defend our country without destroying someone else's.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »
Yes it's unfortunate that even in these amazing modern times we still can't seem to defend our country without destroying someone else's.

Yeah, that warfare's a bitch.  Someone's always getting killed and stuff blown up.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

johnster999

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
"IF ELECTED I WILL OPPOSE TAX BREAKS FOR THE RICH who don't donate to my campaign"