Author Topic: The 0300 Phone Call: What Crap!  (Read 5955 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
The 0300 Phone Call: What Crap!
« on: March 06, 2008, 02:22:45 PM »
So both the democrats are arguing in commercials and statements about who's better-qualified to answer the phone in the Whitehouse in the middle of the night. What?

Neither one of them has a clue about what to do. Hillary would assume it's an intern, calling Bill. Obama would want to talk, at length, about how the caller *feels*.

Gimme a break, democrats.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: The 0300 Phone Call: What Crap!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »
I predict an anti-Republican rant in 3...  2...

Paddy

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 02:28:07 PM »
.......1  Yeah McCain would be up at 3:00 still trying to empty his bladder.  laugh

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »
 grin

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »
..1  grin

John Mccain will bomb the offending country/caller back to the stone age  grin

Seriously though, I hate everyone running.  I get to choose between a woman that supports an AWB, a black man that supports an AWB, and a white man that supports an AWB.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
Riley, you're so predictable. Those dems are pathetic and I'm looking forward to a very long dem primary season where they rip each other apart.

Ammo, dontcha' know?  grin

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »
.......1  Yeah McCain would be up at 3:00 still trying to empty his bladdercolostomy bag.  laugh

laugh laugh
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

johnster999

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 09:58:25 PM »
Didn't the whole idea come from an old Mondale ad or something?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 01:27:58 AM »
I want to know why the commercial asks "Who do you want to answer the phone?" yet the phone keeps ringing and ringing and ringing.......

At this point, I'd vote for the candidate with an answering machine....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 03:48:51 AM »
the real answer is "who cares"?

we are down to three choices. two are unthinkable and one is problematical but far less so than the other two.

i am more concerned about who is more likely to start ordering 3 am raids on gun owners.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

keeleon

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »
I know this one!

"Who do you want to answer the call?"

"The President(Because it doesn't really matter which person is the president since the president is just a figurehead anyway)!"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »
Hell being in the military I have been on the receiving end of a "0300" phone call a time or two.  And I know I did the right thing.  So based on that I guess I know I am more qualified to be President than Hillary or Obama.

So you heard it here first.

I am now a write in canidate for President.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 04:29:22 PM »
Either or, Haliburton will tell the President what to say and do. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

outerlimit

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 05:10:35 PM »
..1  grin

John Mccain will bomb the offending country/caller back to the stone age  grin

Seriously though, I hate everyone running.  I get to choose between a woman that supports an AWB, a black man that supports an AWB, and a white man that supports an AWB.

Or someone else. You don't have to vote for an AWB supporter if you don't want to.  smiley

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
The funny thing about that ad to me is that Hilary has no more experience with answering that call than Obama. 

A local Houston radio show plays their version of that ad.  Bill answers the phone and the caller says "This is video warehouse, the following DVD's are overdue, drunk husseys 3, Girls gone wild, .....etc...   

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Paddy

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 06:55:44 PM »
The funny thing about that ad to me is that Hilary has no more experience with answering that call than Obama.

Huh?? She spent 8 years in the Whitehouse, dude.  ObamawhosyomamaOsama hasn't ever been close to an international phone call.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 03:48:36 AM »

Huh?? She spent 8 years in the Whitehouse, dude.  ObamawhosyomamaOsama hasn't ever been close to an international phone call.

But who calls the First Lady at 3am?......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

outerlimit

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 03:52:54 AM »
McCain probably has more experience than Barrack Hussein Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton combined, but I don't like him any better.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 04:05:59 AM »
But who calls the First Lady at 3am?......

Janet Reno.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

antsi

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 04:47:11 AM »
and a white man that supports an AWB.

Can you document this please?

Every site where I have seen McCain's voting record he has not been an AWB supporter.

http://www.ontheissues.org/John_McCain.htm
He voted against the Brady bill and the assault weapons ban.
His campaign site states opposition to a new AWB as part of his official platform.

The only statement I can find anywhere with McCain supporting an AWB is a 1999 Los Angeles Times article, when pressed by a reporter, he said he might consider voting for an AWB but it would depend on the details of the (hypothetical) law.

That one quote stands in opposition to the fact he has consistently voted against any actual AWB legislation.

I see it constantly repeated on gun boards that "McCain supports an AWB." It has become a mantra, but it doesn't seem to be consistent with the facts.

Moreover, your post implies an equivalence between McCain, Hilary, and Obama on the AWB or second ammendment generally, which is totally contrary to the facts. Hilary and Obama have consistent voting records in favor of gun control. Obama is on record favoring an outright ban on all semiautos and a nationwide ban on concealed carry. In contrast, McCain has voted against the AWB and Brady bill. He is not totally consistent and not my ideal RKBA candidate - the LA Times waffle is disconcerting, as is his support for background checks at gun shows - but he is nowhere near the same league as Hilary or Obama.

christopher

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 05:09:16 AM »
Thanks for the second amendment info. It is interesting that one of the three bozos running for president would bring up such a question as "who we want answering that phone at 3am"- when the obvious answer would be none of the above.

Don't let these bozos divide us. Before we were republicans or democrats we were Americans. It is time to set aside our political differences, come together as Americans & save this great country. There is no logical reason to accept corporate sponsored politicians or corporate legislation-there's 35,000 lobbyist in Washington, so this November lets vote them all out!

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 05:34:00 AM »
Quote from: antsi
The only statement I can find anywhere with McCain supporting an AWB is a 1999 Los Angeles Times article, when pressed by a reporter, he said he might consider voting for an AWB but it would depend on the details of the (hypothetical) law.

That ain't a "NO"......... angry

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 05:37:09 AM »

Okay, so you have a choice of "maybe", or two "definitely yes, and take away all semiautos and ban concealed carry as well".

Damage control. Damage control. You can't avoid taking a hit, but you can bring the ship around to make it a glancing blow instead of a broadside that wipes out half the decks.

antsi

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 07:43:19 AM »
That ain't a "NO".........

I didn't say it was.

If we were to accurately summarize McCain's position on the AWB, we would have to say "He voted against it on the Senate floor, in the past he made at least one statement that was equivocal, and now his campaign platform is clearly against an AWB."

If we were to accurately summarize Hilary's or Obama's position on the AWB, we would have to say that they are both consistently in favor of it.

I'm not saying McCain is ideal. I am just saying that his record and position on this issue is substantially different than Hilary and Obama.

If the original poster had said "McCain is not as strong a supporter of RKBA as I'd like," or "he hasn't always been consistent on the AWB," then I would agree.

That's not what he said. He made a statement implying that there was no difference between Hilary, McCain, and Obama.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 07:59:07 AM »

but in point of fact he did vote no all the times that have counted