Author Topic: Electric Death!  (Read 1094 times)

spinr

Electric Death!
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:53:45 AM »
I just took delivery of a couple of neat little gadgets.

Handheld electric bug zappers!

I came across some people discussing them on another board and found them for sale at an online retailer for the princely sum of $2.99 each.  Who could pass that up?  I guess they've been around for a while, but for some reason I hadn't seen them until recently.

Boy they sure are a hoot.  1500 DC volts of bug fryin' power!  They produce a satisfying snap, crackle and/or pop whenever they exact their electrified fury on an insect.  

Though, sometimes said bug just hits the powered grid and sizzles to death...

Now I should state that I don't go about commiting acts of mass insect genocide as a rule.  In fact, I generally exhibit a live & let live policy.  I only wield these babies when there's a pesky critter buzzin' about the house or when I come across one that really creeps me out.  They're especially handy with all of the damned skeeters out this time of year.

I've christened one as Graf Zap'lin and the other as Franklin's Revenge.

I wonder if it be over-the-top if I were to mark my kills on the handle?  

Tongue

Nick1911

• Administrator
Electric Death!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 04:51:42 AM »
found them for sale at an online retailer for the princely sum of $2.99 each.
*big grin*

And who is that retailer?  Link?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Electric Death!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 06:41:55 AM »
Harbor Freight usualy has them.

Several family friends have them out on the porch for pest control at parties. However the male partygoers after a few beers discover that the bug-zapper is also good for zapping other party goers on the ass and the back of thier legs, with no damage other than a little singed hair...

Hilarity ensues.
I promise not to duck.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Electric Death!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 04:48:15 PM »
Heck, even sans beers these are great for zapping relatives.  Elbows are also great, they make people all sorts of twitchy.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Antibubba

• friend
Electric Death!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 05:55:44 PM »
Several family friends have them out on the porch for pest control at parties. However the male partygoers after a few beers discover that the bug-zapper is also good for zapping other party goers on the ass and the back of thier legs, with no damage other than a little singed hair...
I've heard of the more adventurous using them to spice up a humdrum sex life.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

spinr

Electric Death!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »
Quote from: Nick1911
And who is that retailer?  Link?
AJ has it right, got them from Harbor Freight.

Zapper

Wink

The people using them as party favors and such must really be sadistic.  I accidentally zapped my hand and let me tell you, it hurt like a mofo!

At present, I'm up to about a half-dozen skeeters, 2 hornets, a spider, a few damned-if-I-know what they were, and a grasshopper that can best be described as a civilian casualty.

Cheesy