Author Topic: What's your favorite monster and why?  (Read 2668 times)

What's your favorite monster and why?
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 07:53:22 PM »
Diebold.  'Cuz I scored $76k of their money Cheesy.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »
Ronald McDonald.  He scares the *expletive deleted*it out of me.  Always has.

Chris

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 05:32:57 AM »
Preacher has it right. Once you've sat in the same room as a real monster, looked one in the eye, felt the stare knowing that the monster would do unthinkable things to you if he or she could, the movies ain't so scary.  And, yes, that's why, even in court, I carried when I was a prosecutor.  Just in case the monster decided to act...

In the fictional vein, I find myself drawn to the vampires.  not that I want to be one, I just find the whole vampire/goth culture facinating.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 10:04:11 AM »
What keeps the rest of you up at night?
Aliens and/or ghosts. Especially alien ghosts. Black-eyed, gray skinned, ethereal bastards.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

client32

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »
Doesn't keep me up at night, but favorite has to go to Cthulhu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 11:34:50 PM »
My favorite monster?

Gotta be Sweetums. Smiley

The monster I'm afraid of the most?
Clowns.  Espcially half-rotted, zombie clowns.  If I ever have to encounter one (normal, evil clown or undead clown), I demand that I have a Remington SP-10, loaded with 3.5" slugs.

*shudder* Shocked Ugh.

Edit: Evil clowns that throw spiders and are armed with circular saws.  At that point, the only gun of any use to me would be an MG-42 with 20,000 rounds of ammo (to make sure they're gone) with a flame thrower nearby.

Edit 2: The only true real-life intelligent enemy I have a fear of, believe it or not, is a sniper.  Never been in combat, and even used to live with one.  Great guy, too.  However, the thought of me walking along, and then dying without the slightest chance of self-defense or warning, greatly worries me.  I wouldn't even have time to get pissed.  No rezzing the Almighty and accusing the sniper of h4x. Sad
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams