Author Topic: The ultimate in airline security!  (Read 803 times)

Preacherman

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
The ultimate in airline security!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 11:07:28 AM »
Outlaw life--for the children!:D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 01:25:07 PM »
"For all our efforts, we keep coming back to the same central problem: humans."
Stupid humans...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:16:30 PM »
This is from USA3000 Airlines, a new airline that flies out of Michigan.

I guess it might be ok for really short flights. Smiley

RESTRICTED ITEMS

Before you pack your checked or carry-on luggage please see the list of restricted items below. You may not realize common everyday items that may be classified as dangerous goods which are restricted for transport by USA3000 Airlines:

Oxygen Needs: USA3000 does not carry passengers who are Oxygen dependent while in-flight.

Fireworks : Signal flares, sparklers or other explosives ...

Flammable Liquids or Solids : Fuel, paints, lighter refills, matches ...

Household Items : Bleach, spray starch, insecticides, drain cleaners and solvents ...

Pressure Containers : Spray cans, butane, fuel, scuba tanks, propane tanks, CO2 cartridges, self inflating rafts ...

Weapons : Firearms, Ammunition, gunpowder, mace, tear-gas, or pepper spray ...

Other Hazardous Materials : Dry ice, gasoline-powered tools, wet-cell batteries, camping equipment with fuel, radioactive materials (except limited quantities), poisons, infectious substances ...

Miscellaneous Items : Knives of any length, cutting instruments of ANY kind (metallic or non-metallic) including carpet knives, box cutters and folding or retractable blades regardless of length, ice picks, straight razors (safety/disposable razors ARE allowed), and elongated scissors ...

Many common items used everyday in the home or workplace may seem harmless; however, when transported by air, they can be very dangerous. In flight, variations in temperature and pressure can cause items to leak, generate toxic fumes or start a fire. You must declare your dangerous goods to USA 3000 Airlines . Failure to do so violates U.S. Federal Law. Violators may be subject to a maximum penalty of 5 years' imprisonment and $250,000 or more (49 U.S.C. 5124). Contact your authorized USA 3000 Airlines representative for further details.

There are certain exceptions for personal care, medical needs, sporting equipment, and items to support physically challenged passengers.

Personal Care Items containing hazardous materials (e.g., flammable perfume, aerosols) totaling no more than 70 ounces may be carried on board. Contents of each container may not exceed 16 fluid ounces.

Only Safety Matches may only be carried on your person. "Strike-anywhere" matches, lighters with flammable liquid reservoirs and lighter fluid are forbidden both in carry on and in checked luggage.

Firearms and Ammunition may not be carried by a passenger on USA3000 Airlines .

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 04:21:15 PM »
I've said for years that if you make all passengers strip naked and give each and every one a blanket and a Ka-Bar then there will be absolutely no trouble at all on flights.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 02:14:36 AM »
Yeah, but some folks may very well use hte threat of removing their own blanket to take over the aircraft.

It is hard to wield a K-Bar when you've been struck blind in horror...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton