Author Topic: Tool Trouble... Repair or Replace?  (Read 3012 times)

griz

• friend
Tool Trouble... Repair or Replace?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
Could this be why the motor is heating up when it's connected to the switch and battery?
Yep, that's the reason.  If the motor will not spin all the power is shorted across it.  Again, Dewalt should fix that.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

USP45usp

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »
lupinus,

No, wasn't aware of that.  Humm, I wonder why they gave me such good service?  Only thing that I can think of is that the B&D is cheaper than the DeWalt systems and they figured that I wasn't using it for industry or something.

Either that or their quality control went down and they got tired of having to replace bad equipment.

Thanks for the heads up Smiley .

Wayne

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 05:58:01 PM »
don't know.

Maybe it is like chevys and caddies.  Both made by the same company but with different leadership and what not.

But it is odd to me that a DeWalt dies easier then a Black and Decker.  Don't get me wrong, Black and Decker makes really good products and I use them often enough.  But DeWalt is geared to the more heavy duty users, people that do a lot of projects or are in construction.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.