Author Topic: This is what you get...  (Read 1659 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
This is what you get...
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »
...when you combine social engineering into Government.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20045942-37.html

Now, these are all D's.  Reid, Schumer, Lautenberg and Udall.

But, in the spirit of pages 3 and 4 of this thread (http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=28891.75)... this is why we get the coalition work done FIRST before allowing fringe interests on EITHER side to fire a pet salvo.  You get Statism.  No matter what.  Someone ends up controlling someone else.

What builds coalitions?  Resentment of someone else exerting control over disparate groups.  That builds coalitions.

Same thing could be said if we were legislating more things about gayzors and uhborshins.

Keep the People's Money out of it, and legislate it at the State level.  Simple 'nuff.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

JonnyB

• friend
Re: This is what you get...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:34:17 PM »
Apple should respond same as the Cleveland Browns' Attorney in the '70s:

Gentlemen,

Please be aware that some a-hole is sending stupid letters and signing your names on them...

>:D

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:36:56 PM »
...when you combine social engineering into Government.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20045942-37.html

Now, these are all D's.  Reid, Schumer, Lautenberg and Udall.

But, in the spirit of pages 3 and 4 of this thread (http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=28891.75)... this is why we get the coalition work done FIRST before allowing fringe interests on EITHER side to fire a pet salvo.  You get Statism.  No matter what.  Someone ends up controlling someone else.

What builds coalitions?  Resentment of someone else exerting control over disparate groups.  That builds coalitions.

Same thing could be said if we were legislating more things about gayzors and uhborshins.

Keep the People's Money out of it, and legislate it at the State level.  Simple 'nuff.

I'd be happy to have everything done at the state level. Too bad it's all been pushed to the federal level, SO THAT everything must now be done at the federal level in order to get it back into the state's hands.

In fact, what's the one piece of legislation at the federal level dealing with so-called "fiscal cons" pet concern, teh gayz? (Incidentally, though I think stopping the gay agenda important it rates far below fiscal issues and MUCH farther below the lives of the unborn.)

DOMA. You know, the one that makes it so that each state can make their own formulations and not be forced to accept what MA or CA decide?

Further, I'm still confused by all of this. The people who claim to want a truce on social issues are the ones that keep bringing up social issues.

Why not wait until there is actually a "problem" before attacking your "allies"?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »
what exactly do the apps do?  just alert as to where sites are? don't some places advertise where they set up checkpoints?  or does the app suggest alternate routes?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »
Thanks for the tip.

I just downloaded an app that warns on:
1. Fixed camera (speed & red light) traps
2. Live traps
3. Checkpoints

Municipalities are hard-up for cash and are issuing tickets as a prodigious rate.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
Thanks for the tip.

I just downloaded an app that warns on:
1. Fixed camera (speed & red light) traps
2. Live traps
3. Checkpoints

Municipalities are hard-up for cash and are issuing tickets as a prodigious rate.

Yep, it's going to get bad here in WI in the coming months when the budget wars end, and the municipalities that won't back down even a bit on the sweetheart deals with the local .gov unions, and had their ability to raise property taxes frozen seek other revenue sources.

I promise not to duck.