Author Topic: This is terrific: journalist and head of civil discourse program  (Read 940 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I watch The Daily Show on Comedy Central every night. Last night there was a segment with Froma Harrop, a columnist who called the Tea Party folks terrorists, and compared them to Taliban bombers, and who also heads up the Civility Project with the National Conference of Editorial Writers, a group for which she is president. The Civility Project is "committed to civility in public discussion", according to the NCEW's website.

As I watched this video, I was certain that she was in on the joke, and was playing along. After watching it, I searched the internet for some statement by her that it was a joke. So far, I haven't found anything other than her saying that some of her best arguments were left on the cutting room floor.

Unless she's said something more to the effect that she was just joking, this is incredible. Funny, but scary, too. She doesn't see her double standards when she's being slapped in the face with them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:25:04 AM by Monkeyleg »

Waitone

• friend
Re: This is terrific: journalist and head of civil discourse program
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 01:51:51 PM »
Brilliant work by Daly et al. 

Here is more work the show did on San Francisco's ban of Happy Meals
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/05/daily-show-meet-the-moron-who-got-san-francisco-to-ban-happy-meals/
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon