Author Topic: This might get interesting  (Read 1205 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
This might get interesting
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:22:47 PM »
Jury acquits cop in shooting of unarmed black man in Tulsa.

http://m.newson6.com/Story.aspx?story=35457145&catId=241455

Interesting point, Shelby's attorney was asking for a mistrial not long before the jury came back.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
Re: This might get interesting
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:34:24 AM »
That's the one where the shootee was walking back to his stopped SUV and may or may not have reached through a window that may or may not have been open, right?

If so, I recall a bunch of vitriol about that one, so I'd expect some spontaneous, combustible protests in the near future.  Stay Safe if near Tulsa.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:04:07 AM »
Tulsa's KTUL is reporting protestors are marching in downtown Tulsa chanting "hands up.dont shoot" and "no justice no peace" and blocking traffic.
Police were ordering them to disperse and or they would use chemical agents and start making arrests.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:05:16 AM »
Couldn't the news site have used larger type for the article? Some lines actually had three of four entire words on one line ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 07:21:29 AM »
I'll be pretty surprised if Tulsa sees any protests like we've seen in more liberal cities.
It's just not the kind of place that will put with that sort of nonsense.

http://www.newson6.com/story/35459079/protests-break-out-following-acquittal-of-officer-betty-shelby

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:59:52 AM »
Based on the fact the DA felt the need to charge the officer prior to the investigation being completed, and how a lot of Tulsans don't like him, I'm not surprised at the verdict.  Plus to add with what I do know of the case I'm on the side it was a good shoot.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:33:44 AM »
Concur. Tulsa's last 2 DAs have been dooshnozzels.

Samuel Adams