Author Topic: In a cash strapped economy, one business is booming!  (Read 9111 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: In a cash strapped economy, one business is booming
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 02:09:24 AM »
Well, two extremes exist:

1. Having sex with people whom you know perfectly well. No condoms are necessary, unless these people have STDs and you still for some bizarre reasons want to do them.

2. Having sex with random, crack-addled hookers. Obviously this is unsafe even with a condom.

But stuff exists between these extremes. There are degrees of sensibility between 'random one-night stand' and 'marriage'.

A lawyer is less likely to have STDs than a hooker, for example. Sex with a lawyer whom you've known for a month is less likely to give you something than sex with a random hooker.

Consider it as a math exercise:

Suppose a person you know has, eh, a 50% chance of having something.  A condom would reduce your chance of contracting it to, say, 5% (actually more, but I'm just illustrating a point here). Now that's unacceptable for many people (say, me), but it's not the same thing as unprotected sex.

What there's a 10% chance the person you're doing has it? (Of course, the more horrible stuff is far less prevalent. 0.6% of Americans and 0.1% of Israelis have AIDS. Conversely 1 in 4 Americans have herpes).

Now, I'm not saying condoms allow you to do whatever the hell you want with sex and pick up random Swazilandi illegal immigrants and have orgies with them.

I'm just saying condoms are safety equipment. There's stuff you'd try with a helmet on that you'd never do naked, right?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

zahc

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »
I know of a nice lady who can't use the common kind of pill because it has heinous side effects for her

I'm married to a very nice lady with similar issues. No pills. No kids yet either (2 years). A basal body thermometer and a bit of self control can  substitute, and it's probably much healthier.

Also, condoms make the male less sensitive and therefore enable a longer, err, act. Which is also good.

Not a problem here; the opposite is if anything. Although this might be due to not having intact equipment (infant circumcision is a disgusting practice that should be illegal).
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »
Also, condoms make the male less sensitive and therefore enable a longer, err, act. Which is also good.

It was great when I was 16 and the rest of me could go all night too.  Now I'm almost looking forward to the rodeo years.  (8 seconds and fall off)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 03:02:27 PM »
Careful guys this is still a family forum...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 05:25:41 PM »
First you go for the wine and roses. THEN you go for the condoms.

I tend to go for the very insane, well armed type of lady.  Body armor generally is higher priority than condoms.  I had a commanding officer, with many many combat tours in the Rangers, become overwhelmed in horror at "damage" sustained during...  Well, use your imagination.  Dislocated jaw, arm in a sling, multiple bandages, etc. 

Anyways, not sure how it is in Israel, but the traditional romantic stuff is dead for us youngins.  Enslaved, errr married folks are into it, mainly at the wife's prompting.   But it's quite rare to give a girl whom you are not in a very serious relationship roses, wine, et al.  Dinner and a movie is considered big time romance for a semi new relationship.  Mind you, I've also taken lady friends to the Mutter Museum, so...   Yea.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:30:30 PM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 07:03:49 PM »
Well, use your imagination.  Dislocated jaw, arm in a sling, multiple bandages, etc.

No mention of scratches on your back.  Without that, it just sounds like you got your ass kicked by a girl.  Did she give you a wedgie too? =D
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »
  I had a commanding officer, with many many combat tours in the Rangers, become overwhelmed in horror at "damage" sustained during...  Well, use your imagination.  Dislocated jaw, arm in a sling, multiple bandages, etc.

Are you dating a Klingon?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »

Nah...probably dating a furry!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »
No mention of scratches on your back.  Without that, it just sounds like you got your ass kicked by a girl.  Did she give you a wedgie too?

Ok, + claw marks.  And nope, I have been beat up in three occasions by ladies.  Once by a nice young soldier named "Sunshine" (she had hippy parents), another time by two female MP's, and lastly by a nice Israeli girl who probably worked for Agaf HaModiin.  I have never gotten a wedgie.

No, a nice young lady whose carry piece is a Baby Eagle in .40 cal, but is also handy with an M4.  I will be sure to pass along your comment and your photo to the lady in question whenever you get over here.    =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 10:57:01 PM »
Ok, + claw marks.  And nope, I have been beat up in three occasions by ladies. 

I once delivered a stout elbow to a girl, right in the nose.  Probably broke it.  Lots of blood.
I was the Duty NCO.  She was a drunk barracks bunny.  She charged me with a pool stick.  Her sponsor laughed after I laid her out.  Hilarity ensued.
JD

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2009, 04:55:31 AM »
Careful guys this is still a family forum...

I thought we were discussing where families come from...

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
I thought we were discussing where families come from...

And as long as it doesn't get too graphic its all good :-)
JD