Author Topic: The Reverend Billy Graham has died at age 99  (Read 900 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Reverend Billy Graham has died at age 99
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:00:36 AM »
R.I.P.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:39:10 AM »
He stood alone among the nationally prominent preachers I could actually respect - he was most definitely NOT cut from the same cloth as Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Orel Roberts, et. al.

Our nation is just a little poorer without him.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »
He woke up to, "Well done, My good and faithful servant."

We are diminished, Mr. Graham, but you have gained infinitely more than what we have lost.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 04:01:49 PM »
RIP  :'(
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of vitriol from the left at Mr. Graham's passing. (Much of it in response to President Obama honoring him.)

I didn't think I could be shocked anymore, but it's shocking. If there was one person that could be universally respected, especially in death, I'd have thought it would be Reverend Graham.

These people inhabit a different world.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 04:31:02 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of vitriol from the left at Mr. Graham's passing. (Much of it in response to President Obama honoring him.)

I didn't think I could be shocked anymore, but it's shocking. If there was one person that could be universally respected, especially in death, I'd have thought it would be Reverend Graham.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. You don't have to be of his religion or even religious to at least acknowledge that he aided the poor all over the world. Philosophical differences don't cancel that out, and I wonder how many of the people posting disgusting responses ever headed to Africa to help out (or even donated to Goodwill or their local thrift store or whatever).

Clearly a perfect example of, "If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your trap shut".

RIP Mr Graham.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »
He did the original commissioning of the church I go to.  He will be greatly missed, but he has also earned his reward.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:03 PM »

Prejudice is an affective feeling towards a person or group member based solely on their group membership.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife