Author Topic: Pink Pistol Penetrates Prowler  (Read 3652 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Pink Pistol Penetrates Prowler
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
Nice.  Promptly pinced and proffered onto facebook.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Lee

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
There is something odd about that story...besides the pink pistol.   
The bejeweled guido princess opens the door to a stranger at 3 am, while boyfriend stays asleep...even though he thinks the pizza delivery guy is plotting to steal their bling. Forgetaboutit-  I'm betting there is more to the story.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:50:35 PM »
Read the comments
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »
If nothing else I was shaking my head at the guy talking about the $16K ring and the "can you cash a $100?" stuff. A home invader deserves what they get, but the guy talking about how rich the couple is was kinda weird, and is pretty condition white, if not just plain stupid.

The thought of the breaker-inner being done in by a pink revolver is still kind of amusing though.

Edit: Yeah, yeah, it's $60K. Stop picking on my old brain! :P  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:32:26 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
I'm betting there is more to the story
Yup!  A lot more.  Nothing like conspicuous consumption to draw in bad people.  Perhaps a better plan would be to tone down the bling and stop advertising wealth.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
If nothing else I was shaking my head at the guy talking about the $16K ring and the "can you cash a $100?" stuff. A home invader deserves what they get, but the guy talking about how rich the couple is was kinda weird, and is pretty condition white, if not just plain stupid.

The thought of the breaker-inner being done in by a pink revolver is still kind of amusing though.

Eh. In Tierra Verde that's kinda Po' White Trash.  The entire town is predicated on conspicuous consumption. 

Lesson to be learned here, don't break into other folk's houses.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:20:17 PM »
in a lot of ways, it seems like the Amish* simply know how to live better, and happier lives. odd how not flashing cash/toys around town makes life easier. [tinfoil]

* is that phrase considered raciest? i'll change it if so. but it's not like they'll be reading it anyway. :angel:

Lee

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
I was shaking my head at the guy talking about the $16K ring and the "can you cash a $100?" stuff.

According to him it's a $60K ring.  

It's been a long time since I lived down there, but there always seems to be a "rest of the story" behind much of the stuff that goes on there.  I briefly dated a gal down there, who also shot a guy who was supposedly trying to kill her at 3 am...it was a her husband.  Unfortunately for her, the jury (and evidence) didn't support her defense claim, and she went to prison for a couple of years. I met her after she shot him, but before the trial, and I didn't know anything about it when we were going out....I just thought she was super hot...and loved her Porsche Carrera Turbo (it was actually her dead husbands).  Turned out she was somewhat of a drunk, a liar, and was probably guilty.  Long story short- my opinion is jaded.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 10:57:04 PM »
Nice.  Promptly pinced and proffered onto facebook.

Same here.....pink is a dangerous color.....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »
.....pink is a dangerous color.....

So is it bad that I heard that sung by Steven Tyler in my head?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »
So is it bad that I heard that sung by Steven Tyler in my head?

Having anything in your head involving Steven Tyler is a bad thing.....  [barf]

Liv Tyler, on the other hand....   :O [popcorn] =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 07:53:28 AM »

The version I read said the ring cost $60,000. And the guy is an arborist, fer Gawd's sake. That's an tree cutter. If tree cutters can afford $60,000 (or even $16,000) engagement rings, I chose the wrong career.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »
Probably more like he owns a company who does tree cutting or something.  He may be mortgaged for the next couple centuries also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 09:13:09 AM »
Kind of reminds me of the commercial where the rabbit is laughing at the rattelsnake with the baby rattle tied to its tail. Except the rattlesnake bites the rabbit anyways.  :laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »
When I bought my Taurus TCP, they had a pink-frame model in the showcase.  If they ever make one in fluorescent neon-green, so it matches my motorcycle and bicycle safety gear, I am so buying one to carry on the bikes.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »
My mistake on the ring. My failing memory remembered $16K instead of $60K when I posted. :)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »
Kind of reminds me of the commercial where the rabbit is laughing at the rattelsnake with the baby rattle tied to its tail. Except the rattlesnake bites the rabbit anyways.  :laugh:
  Yeah .... that's how my version of that commercial ends too .....   

Dumb rabbit.  Wrong end of the snake to worry over .....  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »
"Never let nobody know watcha got nohow."  --Ashcan Al, the Midnight Mayor of Market Street.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »
  Yeah .... that's how my version of that commercial ends too .....   

Dumb rabbit.  Wrong end of the snake to worry over .....  [popcorn]

That would be like stopping to laugh at the beauty queens pink pistol.....we see how that turned out....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 01:38:38 PM »
So money can't buy class, but it can at least buy colorful pistols to protect that money.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
Sounds like a moral to me.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »
When I bought my Taurus TCP, they had a pink-frame model in the showcase.  If they ever make one in fluorescent neon-green, so it matches my motorcycle and bicycle safety gear, I am so buying one to carry on the bikes.

Charter Arms delivers.....

http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Undercover_53844.html