Author Topic: A great value on a green laser sight  (Read 521 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
A great value on a green laser sight
« on: January 06, 2018, 10:17:06 PM »
https://www.ozarkarmament.com/products/green-tactical-laser-sight-system?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=4799240132&gclid=CjwKCAiAhMLSBRBJEiwAlFrsTkS3xAFZsxOdsLlKHBNSyXKHCfGQIEW86AezdMf4rSwadgEVW2kFFhoCuzsQAvD_BwE

I was doing some research and reading of reviews on good-value laser sights for my new AR and came across this one.  It arrived today, and it was the work of but a moment to install it at the three o'clock quad rail, and use my Williams Professional Laser Bore sighter to dial it in for 100 yards.  This will get me in the ballpark until I can go to the range and do the final adjustments.  I took it outside in the dark, and let me tell you that a 5 mw green laser is visible for quite the distance.

I went with this after I was chagrined to see that with my current vision, the back up iron sights are not very useful in trying to focus on the sight plane and target.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: A great value on a green laser sight
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:17:15 PM »
Yes.  I'm going all laser, three carry guns, one M4gery.  (Gave the carbine to a son recently.)

On handguns, they emphasize the wobble, but the wobble is the same as with iron sights, you just see it more.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »
Interesting.  I got an Ultimak for my WASR quite a while ago, and contemplate something worthwhile to put on it.  I'd need some kind of sidesaddle mount, but that shouldn't be too hard to find.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:06:18 PM »
I got a Hogue hand guard for my Zastava AK and I was able to mount a side rail on it.  I use for a light so I am not sure if it is good enough for accurate aiming.  The Magpul stuff might be a little better.  If you want to spend more, Midwest Industries makes some good railed hand guard replacements. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge