Author Topic: C&R FFL  (Read 4029 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: C&R FFL
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 11:03:50 PM »
You can receive C&R machine guns, SBR's, SBS's, AOW's, directly without a Class III FFL, but you still have to do the NFA forms and pay the $200 transfer tax. Unsure if there's any C&R suppressors...

However, C&R MG's command an even higher premium because of this, over their already pre-'86 price inflation, because a few states only allow C&R MG ownership.

I remember a shipment of a  few types of 'antique' rifles that were on the market awhile back- manufactured before 1898, iirc, that commanded a premium price because a C&R is not even needed for transfer or shipment.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: C&R FFL
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 06:37:45 AM »
Besides being able to have guns older than 50yrs old sent directly to you (or purchased in any shop regardless of your residency state), you can also get discounts at some retailers.  Midway used to, but now it's only Brownells and a couple others.  Discounts range from "are you kidding?" to pretty significant.  When I first got my C&R, it only took 1-2 orders from Midway or Brownells to recoup my $30 fee.

There are also certain younger guns that qualify for C&R.  They tend to be special commemorative guns, replicas of primitive firearms, etc.  Those are specifically listed by the ATF, so don't assume they're C&R unless on that list.

Chris