Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  (Read 977 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving, and that you all enjoy the day in your favorite way!

The dog and me are heading out the door in a few minutes to try and shoot down some pesky late season doves this morning, then it's turkey at midday followed by a Thanksgiving cigar and glass of whiskey, and probably then a nap. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »
You also!

Frozen Tundra came early this year, so we are waiting for the early morning travelers to show us where the slick spots are by their vehicles in the ditches on our journey today.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:26:10 AM »
In a few hours, we will be leaving to go sit in a ferry line for two hours or so to head over to the other side of Puget Sound.  I have my tablet fully charged and several books downloaded to it.  Rainy, 50 degrees and windy in the Seattle area right now.

Happy day to all.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »
SAME 2 U ALL
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving from my household too.

I'm having a great time doing nothing but what I feel like doing at any given moment.  Wifey is steering the vittles in the right direction.  Of the 4 dogs, 2 are veterans of Thanksgiving at our house and are settled in, enjoying the smells and atmosphere. The other 2 have both been adopted this year and are curious/excited about the change in the household smells and routines.  They are operating more as a pack today than normal.  At the moment they have my wife surrounded as she sneaks a snack of some kind.  The chihuahua had the nerve to yap at her!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all and safe travels as well.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
Pretending to work.  Did manage a little eats at a friend's house with the family before showing up here.  Sucking down a big cup of coffee to hopefully counteract the triptophane.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 06:59:39 PM »
My first North Carolina Thanksgiving with my wife's family.  Wife's son and his twin boys, her sister and three kids, her Mom and Dad, and a family friend (or cousin, maybe?  Big family and I've lost track.)
Lots of turkey, dressing, cranberries, mac and cheese, carrot cake, rolls, and...way too much.
Football games on TV and Yahtzee going on now.  I'm sitting on the couch trying to recover enough for more turkey and cranberries.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, everyone. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 09:02:58 PM »
Wifes dad needed a hand so we went from palo duro canyon camping to his place.  Generally fixed things around the house and made thanksgiving dinner on a shoestring in the middle of trimming trees repairing tail lights and such.  Froze leftovers in quart bags so he can pull out a meal in a bag in the weeks to come.  11 such victual bombs containing turkey gravy saurkraut stuffing and bread dresssing from giblets.  He is on his own wrt taters and rolls.

Now chilling on the back porch.  Wish i had a beer.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »
Spent the holiday at Mrs Smiths. The food was excellent as was the company. She is doing well, staying busy
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!