Author Topic: Graphic Equalizer Settings  (Read 1088 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Graphic Equalizer Settings
« on: July 16, 2005, 10:20:08 PM »
OK, what are your favorite settings for your graphic equalzer?  I prefer high on each end of the spectrum (31-125Hz, and 4-16KHz), with a 0 in the middle (250Hz-2KHz).  Kinda a rounded look.  But, I am looking to see if I can do better.

This is for a compuer system, SoundBlaster Live card, Creative Labs Inspire 7.1 speakers, if that matters.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

thorn

• friend
Graphic Equalizer Settings
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 12:00:01 PM »
ahh nice- i still us SBlive (oh wait no i got Audigy, slightly newer almost the same)
but i got the digital i think it is called FP2500. only 4 + sub, but still very awesome.

OK= consider this= most of the Noise - 1K
i don treally use the EQ except for winamp, but i would suggest-
try just lowering the 1K a tiny bit, push up the whole bass line below 1k, one at a time, pushing each one up to the same as the last. from there it will be personal and music related- you may find pushing up the bottom 3 is good, the fourth may bring out some high/noise, or it may not.
Ideally, you want ot mess with it for every track, or at least type of music.

so 1K = almost always should be lowered a tiny bit below zero or left flat. then with the highs do same as bass.
ona at a time, but with the highs man- they end up all over the place. whichever instruments are comnig thru need to be lifted, empty freq bands need to be lowered.
its personal from there.

you want to raise each band all the way up and see what you get. if its noise, cut it back as far as you cna without effecting anytihng else.

see bass, you want as much of the basss in the music comnig thru , all solid. bass is omni directional and ultimately all blends.
but highs are very seperate.
my eq looks like this
****                       well sorta, not quite that dramatic tough to do with ****