Author Topic: Commercial: I've learned to speak bee (DQ)  (Read 3936 times)

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Commercial: I've learned to speak bee (DQ)
« on: July 18, 2005, 06:45:22 PM »
I'm sorry, but this commercial cracks me up. Don't know why.  Needs to be given some kind of award. Doesn't make me any more likely to buy their product, but dang!  It is just too funny!

Justin

• friend
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 06:58:12 PM »
Having done quite a bit of work in advertising and video production, I have to agree.  That ad is brilliant.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 07:51:27 PM »
I love that commercial.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 08:28:57 PM »
I hate that commercial.  IIRC, its about "African Killer Bees", featuring ONE worker bee, sent after a fellow researcher who drops dead after being stung.  To my (biased) eyes, this type of taking liberties with facts is as amusing as calling a self loading rifle = assault weapon, as the Brady Bunch does.

Playing fast and loose with the facts just bugs me, no pun intended.  MAYBE if the dude leaning to speak Bee had waggled his posterior around in a figure 8 dance, THEN it might have been funny.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 09:50:25 PM »
I'll bet you hated that Corvette ad that got yanked that showed the underage kid zooming around a city, too.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Schuey2002

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 10:50:22 PM »
That Corvette ad was a hoot! So, who pressured GM into pulling it?

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 07:42:34 AM »
Love that commercial about "learning Bee". fwap!

But I'll be darned if I can remember exactly what product is being advertised which my gut tells me isn't really a very good thing for the advertiser.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 08:32:59 AM »
I'll bet you hated that Corvette ad that got yanked that showed the underage kid zooming around a city, too.
Never saw it.

Werewolf: Very good point, if the ad is remembered, but the product is not, the message is lost.  Oh, the bee commercial is pushing some kind of Blizzard thing from DQ.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.