Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 38301 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2021, 10:46:59 AM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

grampster

• friend
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2021, 11:13:53 AM »
https://www.factinate.com/editorial/alexander-the-great-afghanistan

“When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,

And the women come out to cut up what remains,

Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains

An’ go to your Gawd like a soldier.”

- Rudyard Kipling
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2021, 11:26:25 AM »

Sad but there is truth there .....  :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2021, 11:30:20 AM »
Sad but there is truth there .....  :'(

Not so sad if you apply it to what Biden and Swalwell say about Americans...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »

Yea, I got that part. 

However,  I wonder if we have the unrelenting relentlessness  the jihadis have .... or are there just too many couch potatoes..... ? ?    :-[
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »

I suspect that if it actually came to shooting fight on US soil our government would not pull on the kid gloves and implement the libtard ROEs we saw in the ME. They would go scorched earth from the get go.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2021, 11:42:37 AM »
Plus, we live in a panopticon where anyone can be easily tracked down and ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2021, 12:01:09 PM »
I suspect that if it actually came to shooting fight on US soil our government would not pull on the kid gloves and implement the libtard ROEs we saw in the ME. They would go scorched earth from the get go.
Yes.  We just have to see the signs in the rhetoric of the leftists.  There are few limits to what they are willing to do (or order other people to do).  (fascists are leftists)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2021, 12:37:18 PM »
True enough.

I didn't say it in my post, but for me, part of it was watching utter goofballs in those (and other) videos looking like the keystone cops of armies. Yet somehow they have held back, waited out, and kicked out professional soldiers, from us, to the USSR, to countless others over a thousand years. It's a bizarre dichotomy to me.

In what way did the Taliban hold back, wait out, or kick out the professional (NATO) soldiers of Resolute Support? Or ISAF?

They didn't hold back or kick out anyone.  They hid in Pakistan and the Mideast. And the only people the waited out we're the mercurial politicians in the US.

Let's not buy in to the Taliban's own narrative that they pushed out the imperialists or some *expletive deleted*it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 03:01:51 PM by dogmush »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2021, 01:08:29 PM »
From somewhere in Pelosiverse

The President is to be commended for the clarity of purpose of his statement on Afghanistan and his action. The Taliban must know the world is watching its actions. We are concerned about reports regarding the Taliban’s brutal treatment of all Afghans, especially women and girls.

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) August 15, 2021
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2021, 03:12:37 PM »
They didn't hold back or kick out anyone.  They hid in Pakistan and the Mideast. And the only people the waited out we're the mercurial politicians in the US.

Didn't they basically wait us out here? Professional soldiers left and the Taliban seem to have come out of the woodwork and spread like locusts. I only have the news to form my viewpoint, but that's what I'm seeing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2021, 03:16:44 PM »
Interesting take from John Lovell, who has BTDT as a Ranger:

https://youtu.be/KcbdkxT0GOU

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2021, 03:36:24 PM »
Didn't they basically wait us out here? Professional soldiers left and the Taliban seem to have come out of the woodwork and spread like locusts. I only have the news to form my viewpoint, but that's what I'm seeing.

That was my point, and perhaps I'm being overly  sensitive.  The professionals left because they were told to. The Taliban didn't out wait the professionals,  they waited out the politicians in the states, who are decidedly not professional.

It's also summer, which is fighting season in Afghanistan,  so they would have come out anyway,  we just weren't there to keep them penned up in the hinterlands.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2021, 04:29:34 PM »
That was my point, and perhaps I'm being overly  sensitive.  The professionals left because they were told to. The Taliban didn't out wait the professionals,  they waited out the politicians in the states, who are decidedly not professional.

No, sorry that I wasn't clear. That's what I meant, and I guess my point as well.  =)

While our soldiers were there, things were at least somewhat in hand, at least as much as the ever changing ROEs would allow. Politicians sent the soldiers there, and politicians pulled them out, in this case in a piss poor manner, so there was no one left to keep the locals from doing their thing.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2021, 04:50:47 PM »
Someone pointed out in one of the Taliban pictures showing a few of them holding their rifles with trigger fingers indexed outside the trigger guard.  The commenter assumed they were trained by by the US. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2021, 06:00:15 PM »
Someone pointed out in one of the Taliban pictures showing a few of them holding their rifles with trigger fingers indexed outside the trigger guard.  The commenter assumed they were trained by by the US.

Trigger discipline and manual of arms are big indicators that we taught them.

So apparently a couple months ago the illegitimate administration shut down a rapid civil evacuation program that the dept of state had, allegedly simply because Trump instituted it.  Sure would have been useful.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2021, 06:29:38 PM »
British paratroopers and special forces out of Spain are going into the city getting their people out. 82nd airborne is sitting at the airport waiting for orders that probably won't come at this point. What a crap administration.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2021, 06:35:24 PM »
British paratroopers and special forces out of Spain are going into the city getting their people out. 82nd airborne is sitting at the airport waiting for orders that probably won't come at this point. What a crap administration.

Do you have a public source for that?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2021, 07:01:50 PM »

So apparently a couple months ago the illegitimate administration shut down a rapid civil evacuation program that the dept of state had, allegedly simply because Trump instituted it.  Sure would have been useful.

I just logged on to post about that:

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/bidens-state-dept-halted-trump-era-crisis-response-plan/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2021, 07:18:31 PM »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2021, 07:27:34 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
Apparently Biden said he's not sleeping well and needs to go back to Delaware.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/18/is-president-biden-flying-back-to-delaware-for-another-long-weekend/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2021, 07:38:41 PM »
Do you have a public source for that?

I've changed locations but it was a British news.

I'll find it when I get back to my other computer.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »
Apparently Biden said he's not sleeping well and needs to go back to Delaware.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/18/is-president-biden-flying-back-to-delaware-for-another-long-weekend/

He should try Horse Soldier bourbon.   That's what I've been using to sleep this last week and a half.

https://horsesoldierbourbon.com/