Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 38301 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 10:15:00 AM by Lennyjoe »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2021, 05:57:23 PM »
More I go on the 31 Aug pull out. https://funker530.com/video/allies-ask-biden-for-extended-evac-timeline-taliban-threaten-consequences/?fbclid=IwAR2oKH_sANaXdYNjD63E7yCrcsy7VCBgzhvRSDiVcu2OgyU5gL10pYfup90

Unconfirmed reports suggest the Biden administration is asking the Taliban to allow for a short extension of the withdrawal, to September 11, 2021,

Jesus Christ, can this idiot insult our country any more?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2021, 08:50:47 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2021, 08:53:30 PM »
Earlier they had it at 37,000 but less then 5000 were Americans.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2021, 09:35:14 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2021, 09:50:05 AM »
Some thoughts from a guy that has BTDT:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/08/the-day-afghanistan-died/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=article
Interesting that they had an elite force that was fighting well.  I have heard nothing about that before.  I still don't like the implication that our pulling out is to blame.  It wasn't a secret that we were pulling out unless someone made promises they shouldn't have.  Then the article goes on to imply why it would be good to should station troops there permanently like we have in Korea. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2021, 10:00:42 AM »
If the Afghanis couldn't develop a cohesive, functional military after 20 years of our support, training and untold billions of dollars they never would.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2021, 10:06:07 AM »
If the Afghanis couldn't develop a cohesive, functional military after 20 years of our support, training and untold billions of dollars they never would.

They are fully capable of doing that and have, they are run by the Taliban not the Fabulous USA State Dept.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »
Some thoughts from a guy that has BTDT:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/08/the-day-afghanistan-died/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=article

Good (informative good, not good good) read, thanks for posting.

I knew nothing of 16JUN. That is both sad and infuriating.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2021, 10:19:08 AM »
I guess now we know why 46 is capitulating to the Taliban - they are moving to the forefront on fighting "climate change". They really are a good bunch of guys. Go green!

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/08/25/good-news-taliban-spox-says-the-terrorists-are-committed-to-tackling-climate-change/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2021, 10:35:48 AM »
I guess now we know why 46 is capitulating to the Taliban - they are moving to the forefront on fighting "climate change". They really are a good bunch of guys. Go green!

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/08/25/good-news-taliban-spox-says-the-terrorists-are-committed-to-tackling-climate-change/

They're going to lower their carbon emissions by not burning the headless bodies but rather leave them in the street to rot. Should make PETA happy since vultures need to eat too.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2021, 10:49:00 AM »

Honest question:

Who do you think was holding the Taliban at bay for the last four or five years?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2021, 10:56:21 AM »
Honest question:

Who do you think was holding the Taliban at bay for the last four or five years?

They were, but with our support and backing. Once we stopped supporting the ANA they folded like a house of cards.
No, I don't think I understand all the nuances of "why". But the what I consider reliable 2nd hand information I have gotten from friends and associates that have been there leads me to believe that it is in large part due to a deeply ingrained cultural conditioning.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2021, 11:46:12 AM »

It's really a very good propaganda campaign. Before you know it, the talibanese will be on the UN human rights commission . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2021, 12:59:50 PM »
A few years ago I would have laughed at you. Now I can just lower my head and say you're right.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2021, 08:34:16 PM »

#Afghanistan: Due to threats outside the Kabul airport, US citizens should avoid traveling to the airport and avoid airport gates unless you receive instructions to do so. Those at the Abbey Gate, East Gate, or North Gate now should leave immediately. https://t.co/InzuVjXhLT pic.twitter.com/6ncsJBEVLu

— Travel – State Dept (@TravelGov) August 25, 2021
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/25/state-department-now-telling-us-citizens-to-avoid-traveling-to-the-airport-and-if-at-the-gates-leave-immediately/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2021, 09:00:47 PM »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2021, 09:04:16 PM »
I’m taking all bets on the US suddenly pulling out a few days earlier and leaving plenty of American citizens stranded.

Guaranteed

Pb

• friend
« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2021, 09:57:47 PM »
They are fully capable of doing that and have, they are run by the Taliban not the Fabulous USA State Dept.

=(

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2021, 09:37:05 AM »
Looks pretty empty in Talibanstan AC wise this morning.
Esit: Never mind, two C-17s, USAF and a RAF one, just popped up. But that's it, much lower traffic than before.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2021, 09:43:48 AM »
Looks like if you're still there you're more than likely screwed.

Several European countries said they were halting evacuation flights from Afghanistan, leaving behind citizens and thousands of Afghans who had been cleared for entry, because the U.S. needs time to wind down operations ahead of the Aug. 31 withdrawal deadline.

“Everything is over,” said a 30-year-old teacher who tried to get to the airport. “They’re not letting anyone pass, not even those with foreign passports or visas.”

Thousands of Western citizens and permanent residents are still stranded in Afghanistan, and many fear that they will now be abandoned to face possible Taliban retribution. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Wednesday that approximately 1,500 American citizens were still in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan, and that Washington was in touch with some 500 of them, trying to organize evacuations.

U.S. Allies Halt Kabul Evacuations, Warn of Growing Terrorism Threat
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u-s-allies-halt-kabul-evacuations-warn-of-growing-terrorism-threat/ar-AANLzDs?ocid=msedgntp
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2021, 10:10:00 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2021, 10:13:36 AM »
At the same link

A former translator for a high-ranking U.S. Army Ranger in Afghanistan told Fox News Wednesday the Taliban have begun publicly executing allies of the U.S. in provinces away from the media attention of Kabul.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #373 on: August 26, 2021, 10:15:17 AM »
The explosion has occurred at the Abbey gate entrance where British troops have been stationed in recent days. It was one of three gates that had been closed followings warnings of a terrorist threat.

A US official has told Reuters news agency the explosion was caused by a suicide bomber.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-58279900

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #374 on: August 26, 2021, 10:15:54 AM »