Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 38309 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2021, 01:56:47 PM »
My #1 question right now is: What in the actual *expletive deleted*ck is going on in D.C. right now?
Wholly Hell these *expletive deleted*ers are incompetent.

Nancy Pelosi's first tweet after the bombing announcement was about women's equality day.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2021, 02:03:23 PM »
Nancy Pelosi's first tweet after the bombing announcement was about women's equality day.

Thank gourd the taliban has promised to treat women equitably*

* I'm sure that women will be inhumanly butchered as impartially as all other "undesirables".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2021, 02:09:57 PM »
Has biden apologized to the taliban yet?
 :mad: :mad: :mad:

A scoop of chocolate chip or a scoop of bubble gum? It's tough being president.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #403 on: August 26, 2021, 02:19:54 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #404 on: August 26, 2021, 02:20:15 PM »
You know it's bad when even the Taliban criticizes you

Taliban say blasts happened in area under US control

A spokesman for the Taliban has condemned the twin blasts in an area they say was under the control of the US military.

"The Islamic Emirate strongly condemns the bombing targeting civilians at Kabul airport," Zabihullah Mujahid said in a tweet.

The spokesman added the explosions "took place in an area where US forces are responsible for security".

Suhail Shaheen, another Taliban spokesman, said the group were "paying close attention to the security and protection of its people" in another tweeted statement.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #405 on: August 26, 2021, 02:53:12 PM »
Still not a word from Biden. Even Obama would have at least released a statement by now, even if only to quickly say that we were investigating and increasing protection for our troops.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2021, 03:16:38 PM »
Probably trying to figure out which desk he's hiding behind to suck his thumb and cry.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2021, 03:37:55 PM »
Maybe trying to get some more people to sit with him in the situation room this time.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
Up to 10 dead at the airport now and still not a peep out of Biden et al.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/live-updates-taliban-gain-more-ground-in-afghanistan-as-they-close-in-on-kabul

Now reported as twelve US service members.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2021, 04:02:57 PM »
Any word from Bidet?
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2021, 04:04:18 PM »
Two scoops of Ben & Jerry's Don’t Worry, Be Hoppy it is!
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2021, 04:13:06 PM »
I read a report saying one of the translators trying to get into the airport was right there at an explosion and was rendering aid, including watching a baby girl die in his arms.

Whether you think optics mean anything or not, I guarantee the WH does, and I'm betting they've got 50 people working on a statement for Biden, with no questions afterwards. I would imagine it is taking a while given the continual growth of the shitshow, and that is why not even a single sentence has come out as of yet.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #412 on: August 26, 2021, 04:17:42 PM »
Also, apparently aircraft are taking fire now. They didn't say if it was ragheads shooting AKs or something more serious.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #413 on: August 26, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »
Top US commander Gen Kenneth McKenzie confirmed that 12 US military personnel were killed and 15 injured in the attacks in Kabul.

Gen McKenzie said:

US authorities believe the Islamic State group (IS-K) was behind the attacks and the threat of further incidents is "very real"

These might take the form of vehicle-borne suicide bombings or rocket attacks

The US military is co-ordinating and sharing information with the Taliban to prevent a repeat

US forces believe the Taliban have already prevented some attacks from taking place

Isis-K has shot at military aircraft "without effect", but the US military does not believe they possess man-portable air defence systems (Manpads)

The Pentagon does not believe that additional troops are necessary to secure Hamid Karzai International Airport Drones and other aerial systems are being used to monitor events and dissuade further attacks

About 5,000 people are at the airport waiting to be evacuated. To date, 104,000 civilians have been transferred from Afghanistan, including 66,000 from the US and 37,000 from allies and partners
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-58279900
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2021, 04:19:07 PM »
Also, apparently aircraft are taking fire now. They didn't say if it was ragheads shooting AKs or something more serious.

That’ll put a stop to evacuation and Biden being the pussy that he is will just let the clock run out and not do a damn thing
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2021, 04:20:44 PM »
15:41
BreakingIslamic State claim responsibility for bombing

The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack at Kabul airport.

The claim came in a message posted on their news outlet's Telegram channel.

The group said a suicide bomber - who they identified - detonated an explosives vest among Afghans and US forces.

US Defence officials have also said they believe regional IS militants were behind the bombing.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2021, 04:59:15 PM »
The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack at Kabul airport.

Good thing it was only the JV squad.
 :mad:

Samuel Adams

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2021, 05:51:16 PM »
Riddle me this, why is the supposed President of the United States of America using a LIST of people to call on when theoretically, he should be able to pick and choose them himself?

Why can't he select his own press questions on the fly?

Seriously, the water carriers for this old fool have their work cut out for them.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2021, 06:13:14 PM »
Riddle me this, why is the supposed President of the United States of America using a LIST of people to call on when theoretically, he should be able to pick and choose them himself?

Why can't he select his own press questions on the fly?

Seriously, the water carriers for this old fool have their work cut out for them.

The first person he was INSTRUCTED to call on.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1431008329980071936

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2021, 06:25:13 PM »
I cannot believe this dementia addled idiot is our President.  Note that he was an idiot before dementia set in.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2021, 06:50:51 PM »
Nobody believes that senile Obiden is calling the shots. Who are the invisible policy wonks behind him. Who is making these disastrous decisions. Like giving the taliban a list of American civilians and Afghan helpers? Thinking isis will help them or let them into the airfield for evac not thinking we are handing them a kill list? WTF?
https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/08/26/kill-list-u-s-gave-names-of-americans-and-afghan-allies-to-the-taliban-n411847
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 07:07:32 PM by Kingcreek »
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2021, 06:56:39 PM »
Looked at his eyes. He looks stoned.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2021, 07:12:18 PM »
This administration is abomination beyond belief.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #423 on: August 26, 2021, 07:19:19 PM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #424 on: August 26, 2021, 07:34:57 PM »
Question:  (I'm pretty sure the answer is "no")  Can the Commander in Chief be court-martialled for aiding and abetting the enemy? 

The House of Representatives could impeach him for treason, but that won't happen because Pelosi is covering for him -- and if they did the Senate could remove him from office but that's it; then we get The Joker for president. :(

What about the The Hague? (ICJ)

ETA: I'm not the one who thinks this, although I don't think there's a process for it.  https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/fmr-uk-commander-afghanistan-biden-should-be-court-martialed-betraying-us
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:24:12 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."