Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 38302 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #425 on: August 26, 2021, 07:38:02 PM »
The Brits just said they will not work with US forces again as long as Biden is president.

Wow .... if this is true, it speaks chapters.   :-[
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #426 on: August 26, 2021, 08:13:29 PM »
I asked for a source on that. I haven't seen anything confirming that anywhere myself.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #427 on: August 26, 2021, 08:17:04 PM »
Biden: 'US may have given Taliban lists of names'

Biden is asked to confirm reports that the US provided lists of names of evacuees to the Taliban, so they would be allowed entrance into the airport.

A Politico report from today quoted a US defence official as saying the US effectively provided a "kill list" of Afghans who had previously worked with the Americans.

Biden says that the US does co-ordinate with the Taliban on security matters, saying: "Yes, there may have been occasions like that."

"I can't tell you with any certitude that there was any list of names," handed over, he says, adding: "It very well have happened."
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-58279900
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #428 on: August 26, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
My #1 question right now is: What in the actual *expletive deleted*ck is going on in D.C. right now?
Wholly Hell these *expletive deleted*ers are incompetent.

Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

I posit that stupidity/incompetence is not an adequate explanation.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #429 on: August 26, 2021, 08:30:32 PM »
Talk about tone deaf

Nice timing: VICE picks today to post its piece on why there are so many neo-Nazis in the United States Marine Corps
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/26/nice-timing-vice-picks-today-to-post-its-piece-on-why-there-are-so-many-neo-nazis-in-the-united-states-marine-corps/

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 08:59:17 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #430 on: August 26, 2021, 09:08:16 PM »
Wonder what their definition of Neo-nazi is? My guess is anyone that didn't vote biden.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bscl

• friends
« Reply #431 on: August 26, 2021, 09:10:16 PM »
Life Member NRA, SAF

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #432 on: August 26, 2021, 09:18:43 PM »
Personally I think every NATO country should refuse to cooperate with the Biden/Harris/etc administration.  No good reason for them to trust anything coming from DC right now.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #433 on: August 26, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »
I asked for a source on that. I haven't seen anything confirming that anywhere myself.

It's hard to link on this thing. It was a Just The News story. Reading the story and not just the headline it is not an official position yet.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #434 on: August 26, 2021, 11:03:17 PM »
Some sick SOBs

Who are Isis-K?
Islamic State Khorasan (ISIS-K) has said it was behind the twin blasts at the Kabul airport that killed 60 and injured around 140 people.

But who is this group and what are their objectives?

The BBC's security correspondent Frank Gardiner says the group is the most extreme and violent of all the jihadist militant groups in Afghanistan.

It is a regional affiliate of the group calling itself Islamic State and is active in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The group has been blamed for some of the worst atrocities in recent years, targeting girls' schools, hospitals, and even a maternity ward pregnant women, infants, and nurses were shot dead.

They are part of the global IS network that seeks to carry out attacks on western, international and humanitarian targets wherever they can reach them.

ISIS-K have links to the Taliban through a third party, the Haqqani network.

But they have major differences with the Taliban, accusing them of abandoning Jihad and the battlefield in favour of a negotiated peace settlement.

IS fighters now represent a major security challenge for the incoming Taliban government.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #435 on: August 27, 2021, 08:59:27 AM »
Talk about tone deaf

Nice timing: VICE picks today to post its piece on why there are so many neo-Nazis in the United States Marine Corps
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/26/nice-timing-vice-picks-today-to-post-its-piece-on-why-there-are-so-many-neo-nazis-in-the-united-states-marine-corps/

They took it down.

‘You are going to OWN this’: Vice’s deleted tweet about US Marines is gone but NOT forgotten
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/26/you-are-going-to-own-this-vices-deleted-tweet-about-us-marines-is-gone-but-not-forgotten/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #436 on: August 27, 2021, 09:08:11 AM »
But then this tone deaf posting comes up
Yeah, lets just completely ignore the fact that 90 Afghans were killed

I’m being 100 percent serious when I ask this question:

Is it fair to call it a “terror attack” if you target foreign troops occupying your country?

— Michael Harriot (@michaelharriot) August 26, 2021
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/26/serious-question-is-it-fair-to-call-the-suicide-bombing-a-terror-attack-if-the-target-was-troops-occupying-your-country/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #437 on: August 27, 2021, 09:10:20 AM »
Looks like several RAF & USAF transports headed in. Hopefully the day stays peaceful.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #438 on: August 27, 2021, 09:16:34 AM »
Some liberal retard on Tim Scott’s Facebook page just called it “the most successful withdrawal in history” and it wasn’t ironic he genuinely meant it

These people will never see reality.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #439 on: August 27, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
Nigel Farage: 'No way' British parliament would vote for military cooperation with America under Biden admin
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nigel-farage-british-parliament-military-cooperation-biden-afghanistan

NIGEL FARAGE: The medium-term problem is the resurgence of international terror, already evidence that extremist jihadi groups all over the world have taken great cheer from what the Taliban have done in Afghanistan. And so if we do find ourselves back engaged and, you know, let's be honest, the last few years, we've not seen major terrorist atrocities in the West. But if they start to happen again and we start to think, well, how do we go out again and try and stop these cells that are spreading international terror? How can we do it with the Americans? How can we do it with an ally that is treating us with contempt and betrayed us and into the bargain, many of our own citizens?

Certainly, if it's a Biden or Harris administration, honestly, there is no way, there is no way a British parliament right now would vote for military cooperation with America led by this administration. And that's a very sad thing to say, because since 1917, the U.K. and America have been side by side in virtually every major conflict. We've been the closest allies in terms of military action, in terms of intelligence sharing, in terms of culture, in terms of business. You couldn't have a better ally in the world. And right at the moment, I'm sorry, but there's no way we could enter into another operation with you.
Military Arms Channel posted a quote from this on his Instagram page.  I found this when I searched by the name. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #440 on: August 27, 2021, 10:15:48 AM »
Notice aircraft going in mostly disappear off FlightRadar24's screen when they get into Afghanistan now. They always did this to some extent due to dead spots but now almost the entire country is a dead spot. Wonder if the DOD requested this?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #441 on: August 27, 2021, 10:23:54 AM »
Obama is heart broken. Who cares?

And  I have to agree with this

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has criticised the West in the wake of the Kabul bombings.

"A lesson must be learned: Attempts to impose an alien system of values are quite explosive," he told a news conference in Rome after talks with his Italian counterpart, as quoted by the Interfax news agency.

"I hope that politicians who contemplate further action in foreign lands will have this conclusion entrenched in their minds at [the] third time of asking."

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #442 on: August 27, 2021, 04:57:54 PM »
     The death toll from Thursday's attack at Kabul airport has increased to more than 170, a health official says. The BBC is working to verify this figure

Along with dozens of Afghans killed in the incident were 13 US personnel, two British nationals and the child of a British national

The US has said it will "hunt down" those responsible for the attack - a powerful bomb blast that a local branch of the Islamic State group said it carried out

President Joe Biden has been warned by his national security team that another terror attack in the Afghan capital is likely in the coming days

US officials say the hours leading up to the withdrawal deadline of 31 August will be "the most dangerous period to date". Its mission to evacuate people from Kabul will continue "right up until the last moment", the Pentagon said

British troops, meanwhile, have been wrapping-up evacuations at Kabul airport and the BBC has been told their mission will end in a matter of hours

Many other countries - including Germany, Spain, France, Canada and Australia - have ended their evacuation operations
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #443 on: August 27, 2021, 05:58:54 PM »
Slight tangent, but this seems like something the pro gun entities here in the US need to run with in a big media blitz:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/taliban-demand-afghans-hand-over-guns-ammo-within-a-week_3968711.html

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #444 on: August 27, 2021, 06:21:16 PM »
I wonder if they will broadcast the killings once the have them disarmed?

In other news that won't be surprising to anyone, the resistance in northern Afghanistan has had no response from the administration.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #445 on: August 27, 2021, 06:42:10 PM »
Slight tangent, but this seems like something the pro gun entities here in the US need to run with in a big media blitz:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/taliban-demand-afghans-hand-over-guns-ammo-within-a-week_3968711.html

The Taliban and Joe Biden Agree – Civilians Don’t Need to Own Firearms
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-taliban-and-joe-biden-agree-civilians-dont-need-to-own-firearms/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #446 on: August 27, 2021, 09:18:17 PM »
.@JenGriffinFNC: "How many ISIS-K prisoners were left at Bagram and believed to have been released from the prison there & why weren't they removed before the U.S. pulled out to some place like Gitmo?"

Kirby: "Well, I don't know the exact number. Clearly, it's in the thousands" pic.twitter.com/yUdIz0l32H

— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) August 27, 2021
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/27/thats-astonishing-pentagon-spokesman-tells-jennifer-griffin-how-many-isis-k-prisoners-the-taliban-have-released/

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #447 on: August 27, 2021, 09:52:36 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #448 on: August 27, 2021, 09:57:37 PM »
We should have dropped some MOAB's on them before they got anywhere close.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #449 on: August 27, 2021, 10:15:17 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes