Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 38300 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »
So how do you stop the retired service members from speaking their mind?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/28/daily-wire-both-active-duty-and-retired-naval-intelligence-members-told-they-cannot-disrespect-president-biden/

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t most separated (whether just didn’t re-enlist or retired) military part of the “inactive ready reserve” for some number of years?  As such could they recall you to active duty and court-martial you if you disparage the POTUS?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2021, 10:45:59 PM »
Well they didn't do anything the last several years. At the same time there are many stories I can't tell here.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2021, 02:17:03 AM »

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t most separated (whether just didn’t re-enlist or retired) military part of the “inactive ready reserve” for some number of years?

Does not apply to retirees.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2021, 02:44:28 AM »
Very versatile UAS. I did some joint missions on one of the prototypes, the NASA Altair. Rigged for up to 65K feet. We froze up a few electronics learning to use that altitude. Irritated GA.  =)

"How'd you solve the icing issue?" - Anthony Stark  =D

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2021, 03:03:34 AM »

According to Airwolf, that's a feature, not a bug. (Moffet's Ghost episode)

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2021, 07:02:23 AM »

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t most separated (whether just didn’t re-enlist or retired) military part of the “inactive ready reserve” for some number of years?  As such could they recall you to active duty and court-martial you if you disparage the POTUS?

No.

Folks do stay in the IRR for a while after separating,  but IRR members aren't  subject to UCMJ unless actually on orders.  Even if they could convince someone to cut recall orders for this, they couldn't hem you up for stuff said while a civilian.

I suspect the worst ONI could do to a retiree is yank a clearance,  making those sweet contractor gigs off limits.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2021, 07:37:02 AM »
No.

Folks do stay in the IRR for a while after separating,  but IRR members aren't  subject to UCMJ unless actually on orders.  Even if they could convince someone to cut recall orders for this, they couldn't hem you up for stuff said while a civilian.

I suspect the worst ONI could do to a retiree is yank a clearance,  making those sweet contractor gigs off limits.

Those collecting actual retirement, and retired officers, may be different.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2021, 09:40:15 AM »
Most Democrats aren't as stupid as Biden are they?

Because all this seems really, really stupid.

Someone heard you ask

Honey, YOU own this! Blue-check who thought Biden taking his jacket off was SEXY now blaming Trump for making her vote for Sleepy Joe
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/08/29/honey-you-own-this-blue-check-who-thought-biden-taking-his-jacket-off-was-sexy-now-blaming-trump-for-making-her-vote-for-sleepy-joe/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2021, 09:53:59 AM »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #484 on: August 29, 2021, 09:59:44 AM »
Wait, American citizens are being turned away at the airport gate by US soldiers?
Shows what a sorry state of affairs we're in nowadays when I want to call bull on that can't bring myself to do so
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #485 on: August 29, 2021, 10:01:10 AM »
Wait, American citizens are being turned away at the airport gate by US soldiers?
Shows what a sorry state of affairs we're in nowadays when I want to call bull on that can't bring myself to do so

Any other time I would call bull also but this flusterlcuck I believe it.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #487 on: August 29, 2021, 11:10:30 AM »

Avoid it…..

Our Global Hawk didn’t have anti-icing features on the engine intake or wings so we had to avoid or not fly in icing conditions
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 03:14:07 PM by Lennyjoe »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #488 on: August 29, 2021, 01:04:01 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-sends-beto-to-help-taliban-confiscate-afghans-weapons

KABUL—After the Taliban announced that Afghans would have to turn in their guns, the White House has sent Beto O'Rourke to Kabul to help out.

Biden quickly praised the proposal and offered to send the gun confiscation expert and failed congressional candidate to go help take everybody's guns.

I'm actually quite comfortable with sending Beta to the 'stan ...
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #489 on: August 29, 2021, 05:38:54 PM »
There was a movie in 1970 called "Colossus: The Forbin Project".  The AI computer at one point tells Dr. Forbin that Earth would have the "peace" of Colossus or they would have the peace of unburied dead.  That is what Afghanistan needs.[/size][/font]

I enjoyed the book when I read it as a kid decades ago.  I wonder how well it would hold up if I were to re-read it today and after seeing the movie.

https://smile.amazon.com/Colossus-The-Forbin-Project/dp/B0018S012U/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=the+forbin+project&qid=1630272906&rnid=2941120011&s=books&sr=1-3
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #490 on: August 30, 2021, 08:36:42 AM »
    I’m proud of @POTUS and the incredible job he’s doing. He’s the right person for the job in this moment in history. #IStandWithBiden

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) August 29, 2021

I’d hate to see what the wrong person would have done. https://t.co/CC9pIvQNXa

— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) August 29, 2021
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #491 on: August 30, 2021, 09:46:08 AM »
Afghanistan: 5 rockets fired at Kabul airport, intercepted by US system

Five rockets were fired early Monday at the Kabul airport and intercepted by a U.S. C-RAM missile defense system, a defense official told Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin.

U.S. Central Command did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News for additional details.

Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, said in a press release that President Bide has been informed about the development by his top aides-- Jake Sullivan, his national security adviser, and Ron Klain, his chief of staff.

Click here for full story
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kabul-airport-targeted-in-rocket-attack-foiled-by-us-system
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTK6azeLPIN/?utm_medium=copy_link

I haven't seen mention of this anywhere else.  Mrgunsngear posted a screen shot of someone complaining that a general made them clean a base before turning it over the Taliban.  Might be more to it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2021, 10:01:11 AM »
It's hard to know what is really going on with our only source of information being the media.

I don't believe the current narrative just because it is being promulgated by provable known liars.

Whatever is going on you have to be in the loop of "need to know" to actually know and you know the rest of the saying.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #495 on: August 30, 2021, 10:03:16 AM »
Wow! They don't pull any punches in this

It's 'hard to exaggerate' how 'dangerously bad' US President Joe Biden is
Sky News Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYzf-88lZk
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #496 on: August 30, 2021, 10:14:02 AM »
More

Mental decline of 'utterly deplorable and inept' President Biden 'can't be ignored'
Sky News Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UacN76pLYc
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2021, 10:24:06 AM »
Sorry posted those here when they should have in in the Biden thread.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #498 on: August 30, 2021, 10:35:00 AM »
Wow! They don't pull any punches in this

It's 'hard to exaggerate' how 'dangerously bad' US President Joe Biden is
Sky News Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYzf-88lZk

More from Sky News:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UacN76pLYc

Sorry! WLJ beat me to it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #499 on: August 30, 2021, 10:51:17 AM »
Man, he is the biggest asshat in the world:

Jim Acosta
@Acosta
·
Aug 28
My thoughts on Afghanistan this week... now is not the time to score political points. Just imagine just this once if we simply offered our thoughts and prayers. Give it some thought. Pray on it.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/30/unreal-jim-acosta-says-now-is-not-the-time-to-score-political-points-on-the-president-trips-over-jim-acosta/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."