Author Topic: Biden Declaring a Climate Emergency Wednesday, 20JUL  (Read 2235 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Biden Declaring a Climate Emergency Wednesday, 20JUL
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2022, 11:27:01 AM »
I just read the EO he signed.  He is giving a subsidy to a windmill company and, so help me, starting a program to pay the AC bills for poor people.  To stop climate change.  By the way, anybody else notice that when he says, "now let me be clear", it's usually less clear after he finishes the sentence?

Let me guess, A Chinese own company and all the parts are made in China?

And for the 2nd part, more vote buying with tax payers money.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »
I just read the EO he signed.  He is giving a subsidy to a windmill company and, so help me, starting a program to pay the AC bills for poor people.  To stop climate change.  By the way, anybody else notice that when he says, "now let me be clear", it's usually less clear after he finishes the sentence?

Come on, dude - get with the program. This is "equity". They get to blast their AC units at 68deg. You need to get rid of yours. 85deg in the house is absolutely comfortable for your demographic. Or are you some kind of racist/conservative/male or something?!?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2022, 12:10:16 PM »
Come on, dude - get with the program. This is "equity". They get to blast their AC units at 68deg. You need to get rid of yours. 85deg in the house is absolutely comfortable for your demographic. Or are you some kind of racist/conservative/male or something?!?

I guess I must be, or at least I'm so old that I haven't updated my understanding of the laws pf physics.  I suppose today I learned that if we print enough money and pay for everybody's air conditioning and sign another executive order to get them to leave their windows open, the entire world will cool down to the exact correct temperature as decided by a specially appointed congressional committee, no doubt headed by Greta Thunburg.  Whew!!!  Looks as if people were worried about global warming for nothing.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2022, 02:57:27 PM »
I guess I must be, or at least I'm so old that I haven't updated my understanding of the laws pf physics.  I suppose today I learned that if we print enough money and pay for everybody's air conditioning and sign another executive order to get them to leave their windows open, the entire world will cool down to the exact correct temperature as decided by a specially appointed congressional committee, no doubt headed by Greta Thunburg.  Whew!!!  Looks as if people were worried about global warming for nothing.

Be better if we just had all the air conditioners re-installed backwards. That way everyone could keep their windows closed.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife