Author Topic: Backorders  (Read 1227 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Backorders
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »
Watching this whole political mess unfold, I'm curious: If money already traded hands for items that are on back order [say, oh, rifle magazines], and before the order is filled the sale of said items is prohibited, can the retailer still ship the items when they become available?  [As the items were already sold]  Or is it a "Here's your money back.  Sorry." kind of deal?

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Re: Backorders
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »
I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking it will be a "Here's your  money back since we can't fulfill your order" deal.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »
I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking it will be a "Here's your  money back since we can't fulfill your order" deal.

My guess as well.  I suppose there will be some folks out that pull the BS Dicks did and only offer store credit on those rifles they refused to sell.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:46:34 PM »
Now that I think about it...  in most cases the vendor does not take the money yet on a back order so there is nothing to refund.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:31:03 PM »
When I've bought stuff online that was backordered my card has been charged at the time of order.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »
I'm glad I have plenty of magazines.
I'm also glad I don't live in New Yuck State............. :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero