Author Topic: The Worst Policing That Donut Operator Has Ever Seen  (Read 617 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Worst Policing That Donut Operator Has Ever Seen
« on: November 07, 2023, 03:03:41 PM »
Chicago cops. Holy hell -- I was ready to bet real money that the female cop was going to blow her hand off. Seems like it was 50/50 that she would. The chick criminal was the most composed of the bunch.

For those not aware, Donut Operator is a former cop.

https://youtu.be/rJ3G_QOcHYM
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: The Worst Policing That Donut Operator Has Ever Seen
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 04:04:31 PM »
Female officer should have had suspect perforated 5x about 1 second after presentation of the weapon.  Suspect had a closed brick storefront as a backstop for female officer to fire upon.

Did I understand correctly that the male officer lost his radio when running for his life, and female officer just flat out didn't have one?  Was she a ride-along junior cadet or something like that?

Female officer is a walking stereotype right out of John Ross' Unintended Consequences.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 04:36:49 PM »
I was going to comment, but Donut covered just about everything I would say.  Either one could have put a bullet into the person, but their first instinct was to get clear.  I am not sure if I would have done better.

Note to self about practicing malfunction drills a bit.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 04:43:42 PM »
FFS, that was bad. 

On the radio question, at time stamp 3:16 or so, while she's crying about her radio, you can clearly see her radio's antenna sticking out of her vest.  So i dunno maybe the battery was dead?

I also notice that when they did manage to get dispatch on the radio they said that the suspect had fired at them, and they returned fire, and not only did I not see the suspect fire at all, DOnet didn't mention them shooting and he usually does.  Not that big a deal in the whole use of force continuum, but goes to show these two are probably not great witnesses, and yet I suspect their reports are taken as gospel by the courts.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 04:52:01 PM »
What a bloody CF !!  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 05:06:12 PM »
FFS, that was bad. 

On the radio question, at time stamp 3:16 or so, while she's crying about her radio, you can clearly see her radio's antenna sticking out of her vest.  So i dunno maybe the battery was dead?

I also notice that when they did manage to get dispatch on the radio they said that the suspect had fired at them, and they returned fire, and not only did I not see the suspect fire at all, DOnet didn't mention them shooting and he usually does.  Not that big a deal in the whole use of force continuum, but goes to show these two are probably not great witnesses, and yet I suspect their reports are taken as gospel by the courts.
I think they fired once or twice. 

Donut usually dubs over the gun shots due to Youtube giving him crap about it.  In the past, he puts a quack sound over it.  I assumed the female cop fired at least once.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 06:22:18 PM »
Donut says the suspect didn't fire at around 2:55, and you can very clearly hear the only two gun shots (one from each cop) in the Male's bodycam. It's probably a good thing the second cop's gun jammed, or she probably would have blind mag dumped.

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 07:05:36 PM »
I can understand running for cover when a suspect is pointing a gun at you, sort of a tactical retreat.  But I can't see running and firing completely unaimed shots over your shoulder.  That's just thug behavior there.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 06:36:01 AM »
I follow Donut Operator on Twitter.  He has some good content for sure.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 07:19:23 AM »
Interestingly  (Or depressingly seeing as how many cops and armed citizens there are) moving safely with a gun is an intermediate to advanced skill that a LOT of folks never get.  You have to have iron-clad trigger discipline, good muzzle awareness, and the ability to process and change your muzzle direction while moving and seeking cover.

Action shooting sports tend to have an hard "180 rule" that will get you insta-DQ'd if you break it, but that is also not ideal for real world training, because it teaches the shooter that as long as the muzzle is pointed at *that* half of the world you're good.  Some of the Patriot Games-esque sports have more "realistic" rules on that, but not only does it take practice, it's really difficult to find a place (at least in the east) that will let you practice. 

So while I won't give these two a pass on their antics (If you carry a gun in public you are required to know how to employ it without endangering the public) I understand how they got here, and the training decisions that led to them being so dangerously unready.

Here's a youtube short a good friend of mine posted the other day talking a little about moving with a firearm.  https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-mCGeipbOOc

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2023, 10:57:57 AM »
Here's a youtube short a good friend of mine posted the other day talking a little about moving with a firearm.  https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-mCGeipbOOc

Alright - you have just exposed yourself as part of the Google privacy invasion cabal! I just yesterday for the first time saw that channel pop up in my youtube recommendations, and today we find out he's your buddy. Cordex needs to run a check to see what spyware you've installed on APS!  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2023, 11:11:01 AM »
I know some think it is unsafe to have firearms around at all, but carrying a pistol around and forcing yourself to always point it in a safe direction every single time it is handled can build in some automatic behavior.  That takes some conscious effort to do.  I imagine a lot of these new officers have little experience with firearms and don't have any instinctive handling techniques built up yet. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2023, 12:15:39 PM »
Alright - you have just exposed yourself as part of the Google privacy invasion cabal! I just yesterday for the first time saw that channel pop up in my youtube recommendations, and today we find out he's your buddy. Cordex needs to run a check to see what spyware you've installed on APS!  :rofl:

Bwahahah.

I'm good friends with both Eric and Roy from B&H.  We shoot together a lot.   I've cameoed in some of their B roll.  I'm glad to hear the algorithm is pitching them to new folks.

I'm actually shooting the Barrel and Hatchet match this weekend.