Author Topic: Being flushed when you die  (Read 8889 times)

zahc

• friend
Re: Being flushed when you die
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
HCl is weak stuff. Here in the semiconductor labs, they have vats of HF, which instantly soaks into your body and dissolves your bones. It's so hardcore, it dissolves glass containers. They have to keep it in  special lexanish containers.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »
Either that, or it disrupts the calcium channel function of your muscles and your heart stops.

Neat stuff.  cool
I promise not to duck.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »
Oh bury me not,
Down the friggin' drain...  cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Josh Aston

• Future President of Texas
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 03:37:44 PM »
I couldn't be the person with the job of doing this.  I'd never look at a toilet the same way again.
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Aston for POTUS Republic of Texas - 2016

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 04:34:58 PM »
I'm sure that I'd plug up the works and cause a flood.   angel
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 04:42:39 PM »
Nasty.  There's gotta be some middle of the road approach somewhere between ashes/sludge and embalming/concrete vault/lingering on in dusty psuedo-decay for generations. 

I'll take the coyotes myself.  Or buzzards.  Always have liked birds.

Failing that, bugs. 

One major sadness in my conversion to Christianity is I'm barred from the Jewish cemetery, where they still do it more or less the old fashioned way--pine box, no vaults.  And no walking away either.  Your friends and family fill in your grave.  That'd be fine by me. 

I don't like the instant-quick-gone approach.  Made my grandfather's death a bit harder to cope with.  Ashes or sludge, both are a little too quick with the clean-up and gone thing.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
and the soup of the evening is...
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Josh Aston

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »

Did you hear that?

That was the sound of me throwing up in my mouth.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 06:46:58 PM »
One major sadness in my conversion to Christianity is I'm barred from the Jewish cemetery

Do you mean your new Christianity doesn't allow you to go to jewish cemeterys, or the Jews won't let you in now that you aren't Jewish? I ask because my wifey's coworker is Jewish and she was invited to funeral, and told me about the plain box bit. We're quite Christian.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »
Do you mean your new Christianity doesn't allow you to go to jewish cemeterys, or the Jews won't let you in now that you aren't Jewish? I ask because my wifey's coworker is Jewish and she was invited to funeral, and told me about the plain box bit. We're quite Christian.

I mean barred from burial, not from entry.

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »
I still say I want to be pressed into a diamond and fitted on a ring and pawned.

Then I shall haunt whoever wears me, and make them feel uncomfortable and watched while in the bathroom for all of eternity!  Bwahahahaha!

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »
I still say I want to be pressed into a diamond and fitted on a ring and pawned.

Then I shall haunt whoever wears me, and make them feel uncomfortable and watched while in the bathroom for all of eternity!  Bwahahahaha!

Dude, my husband's creepy uncle wanted to get that done with his mom's ashes so he could give "her" to his girlfriend as an engagement ring.  Can you think of anything creepier than giving some chick your MOM mounted in an engagement ring?

Josh Aston

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »

Dude, my husband's creepy uncle wanted to get that done with his mom's ashes so he could give "her" to his girlfriend as an engagement ring.  Can you think of anything creepier than giving some chick your MOM mounted in an engagement ring?

That's just sick.  What are you going to do on your wedding night?  Make your bride take the ring off?  Or bring MOM to bed with you? 

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »
What's so bad about cremation?  I'm going straight into the burner, no embalming or anything.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

zahc

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
Think of the CO2 released by embalming!
--Tallpine

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2008, 03:40:35 AM »
BW-

My grandfather had a pinky ring that his father had made when his wife (grandpas mom) passed.  Basically it was great-grandmas engagement ring and both wedding bands melted down, the center stone was the diamond from the engagement ring, and two accent stones that were previously in the wedding bands.

The center stone is going into my future wifes engagement ring, I'm debating the accent stones.  But grandpa was cremated so I've always toyed with the idea of pressing a few of his ashes and wearing grandpa around.

"Kiss the grandpa"   laugh
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2008, 04:28:19 AM »
My grandfather had a pinky ring that his father had made when his wife (grandpas mom) passed.  Basically it was great-grandmas engagement ring and both wedding bands melted down, the center stone was the diamond from the engagement ring, and two accent stones that were previously in the wedding bands.

See, that's cool.  My own engagement ring (which functions as a wedding ring because my wedding ring doesn't fit me well) has a stone that belonged to the same lady whose ashes are up for diamond-ification.  It's actually been in the family since the 1890's.  And that's cool.  Aside from the dire consequences if I lose the thing.

But I am just creeped out by the idea of gifting one's new spouse with the (admittedly very attenuated) remains of a dead relative.

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2008, 05:14:29 AM »
"Here you go...that diamond is actually my mother.  Maybe...someday...YOU could be a diamond.  Wouldn't that be nice?"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:23 AM »
one would wonder what the local sanitation engineers would think of that output hitting their plant

there is a better solution:

"Damn, your mother is a tough old bird"
"Shut up, and pass me a leg"
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Iain

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2008, 05:34:43 AM »
Wrap me in a bit of cloth and put me straight into the ground, no coffin. Some decades later, when they want to use that spot again, if there is anything left they can put the bones in an ossuary. Bring back the middle ages.

Burial I can deal with, cremation I can deal with. Both have long histories of being a means of corpse disposal. Dissolving bodies in chemicals has a history as means of furtive corpse disposal, and that makes it weird, for the time being anyway.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2008, 05:39:13 AM »
What about double decker graves.

My grandparents were buried that way.

Had an uncle say the first one to go should be buried face up and the second buried face down.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2008, 07:05:58 AM »
I was thinking when I got to be dieing age (haha, like I'll ever die) I'd just build my own coffin.  Make sure it fits well, has a nice look to it that I think fits my own personality, and that way no one has to in their grieving get screwed over by the coffin salesman.  Maybe go ahead and have my headstone made, too.

I wonder what the legality of this is.  I'd really like to do it.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2008, 07:32:49 AM »

That I Grok in fullness.

I'm with Ian.  Wrap the empty vessel in a linen shroud and plant it under some fruit or nut tree.  Let the accumulated nutrients feed the still living.

That, or prop it up by some remote trail where the sun bleached bones can startle passing hikers and frighten small children.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2008, 07:41:36 AM »
Hum...

Is that kind of burial carbon neutral enough?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »

I like the Buddhist monk slice'em up and feed the vultures approach

DARI COUNTY, CHINA - NOVEMBER 5: A burial master shows his knife after a celestial burial ceremony at the Chalang Temple on November 5, 2007 in Dari County of Guoluo Prefecture, Qinghai Province, northwest China. Celestial burial is a traditional funeral of Tibetan people, which began in the 7th century. When the ceremony is held, aromatic plants are burnt for smoke to guide the soul to reach the celestial burial ground. The body of the dead, placed in a sitting stance, is sliced by a celestial burial master, then offered to vultures, which are called "holy eagles". Tibetans believe the vulture can help the dead gain merits and virtues. A burial master can earn about 100 yuan (approximately USD 13.5) for handling every burial.

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"