Author Topic: It's official... Mtnbkr's daughter...  (Read 8526 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
It's official... Mtnbkr's daughter...
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2005, 10:53:24 AM »
Ah, the terrible 2's.  Don't miss them at all.

All of my kiddes are over 17.  

Won't have to worry about the terrible 2's again until I become a grandpa.   Hopefully that won't happen for another 5 years minimum.  (knocks on wood)

Strings

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2005, 07:14:15 PM »
Mike, what you don't realize is the assualts are all Chris's idea. The conversation went something like this: "Abby... daddy isn't up to rough-housing , and won't be for awhile. So, you go ahead and beat the tar out of Uncle Mikey, 'cause he needs it!"

And how do I know this? Because I've had more than one lil' tyke sicced on me like that...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2005, 08:06:31 PM »
Well, as I told him earlier this week...

I've seen the "Uncle Mike" manequin he keeps hidden behind the couch.

And I have no doubt that when I leave, he sets it up for Abby.

"That's it, Abby, work the crotch... WORK THE CROTCH!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Strings

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2005, 08:51:33 PM »
I can SOOOO picture that...

And just think... YOU get to be the psycho uncle when she starts dating. Have fun with it! Wink My neice turn 18 this summer, so I don't get to be "Psycho-unc" anymore. Gonna be a hard habit to break...

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2005, 05:12:01 AM »
And just think... YOU get to be the psycho uncle when she starts dating.

Strings

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2005, 06:12:24 AM »
I want to say right now that I have NEVER had a drill in my hands while talking to the niece's dates. Not once have I even had a weapon of any kind in my hands while doing so...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2005, 06:31:51 AM »
Uncle Buck was one of the stupidest movies ever filmed, but had some of the absolute funniest scenes ever laid down.

The one where he whangs the niece's boy friend with the golf ball is just hysterical.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2005, 10:43:01 AM »
Lennyjoe,

Nice dreamworld, but you gots 22, 32, 42 etc ad infinitum to worry about with kids.  The terrible two's never go away, they just get more complex.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2005, 08:53:33 PM »
Quote from: JamisJockey
Quote from: Sindawe
Let's try to get this thread back to something resembling what Mike had in mind originally, mkay guys?
Spoilsport. Wink

OK, Mike, how about you set limits for how mtnbkr's daughter behaves toward YOU.  Since you are not her parent, you don't have authority to control her behavior in general (unless mntbkr has granted you such power), but as owner of your body, you DO have the authority to control such when its directed at your person.  Two is old enough to understand the meaning of the word NO and that violations of behavior have consiquences.
Now, see, you've said something that makes sense.  Your sense of humor is a little sick (okay, really *expletive deleted*ing awful).

I've found that my 2 year old really hates time outs.  He doesn't want to sit still for that long.
Yes, I swat his ass.  Ocassionally, I pop him on the back of the noggin.  Tough love when necessary.  Usually, though, that doesn't fase him.  He's built like a tank.
DON'T STRIKE KIDS IN THE HEAD.

If you MUST use corporal punishment, pop them on the ass, but head shots ARE NEVER GOOD.

A child's brain is still not completely developed at the age of 2.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour