Author Topic: Anyone else like Heavy Metal music?  (Read 11854 times)

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
Re: Anyone else like Heavy Metal music?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
Nothing in the world like a good metal show.  >:D

Going to see Motorhead next month I think.  Just saw Down last month.  Metallica wasn't bad during earlier tours, I don't know how they are now.  Likely not to my liking.  I'm more of a Slayer fan. :cool:

In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
Yes, Hatebreed is what I listen to when I'm feeling a bit of rage as well. Their song "Destroy everything" seems to fit given the current situations going on around us.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 12:54:40 AM »
Yes, Hatebreed is what I listen to when I'm feeling a bit of rage as well. Their song "Destroy everything" seems to fit given the current situations going on around us.
Funny, I feel the same. Great battle anthem that one :cool:.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Physics

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 01:05:03 AM »

I've seen them 5 times.  I love a Hatebreed show.  Once, at a large outdoor festival show, they split the crowd in half.  There was A LOT of people at that show (think ~Ozzfest size) and the whole crowd minus the first 3 rows split.  I was in row 1.  Jasta told the crowd to pick someone across from them and hit them when he said go.  After riling them up a bunch, he said go and it was like a scene from Braveheart.  Oh and right when they came together, I took a picture.   =D 

Lamb of God does the same thing and call it the wall of death. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

brimic

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 08:28:05 AM »
Last I saw them was 5 years ago, and it was awesome.
Death Magnetic has their best stuff on it in over 20 years.
Have fun at the concert.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »
I've seen them 5 times.  I love a Hatebreed show.  Once, at a large outdoor festival show, they split the crowd in half.  There was A LOT of people at that show (think ~Ozzfest size) and the whole crowd minus the first 3 rows split.  I was in row 1.  Jasta told the crowd to pick someone across from them and hit them when he said go.  After riling them up a bunch, he said go and it was like a scene from Braveheart.  Oh and right when they came together, I took a picture.   =D 

Lamb of God does the same thing and call it the wall of death. 
And Sick Of It All invented it/coined the term AFAIK :cool:. Wall Of Death is always a blast, especially if you're doing it on pavement instead of nice, soft grass or sand =D. By the way, what are you doing taking pictures of it when you could be in the middle of it? :cool:
If you like Hatebreed, ever listened to Blood For Blood?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Physics

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 01:51:04 PM »
And Sick Of It All invented it/coined the term AFAIK :cool:. Wall Of Death is always a blast, especially if you're doing it on pavement instead of nice, soft grass or sand =D. By the way, what are you doing taking pictures of it when you could be in the middle of it? :cool:
If you like Hatebreed, ever listened to Blood For Blood?

My spot is up front right in the middle.  There has only been a few shows that I haven't been able to stay there.  Slayer is the band that kicks my butt every time.  Those shows hurt so good. 

I will check out some Blood for Blood, though I'm not a big hardcore fan.  I've been on a big Black Label Society and Testament kick for the past few months. 

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »
Ahhhh...yes, Slayer!  I've been to a few of their shows as well.  Always great.  Slayer is on my friends list on MySpace.  They like me 'cause I'm special   =D

Physics

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »
Ahhhh...yes, Slayer!  I've been to a few of their shows as well.  Always great.  Slayer is on my friends list on MySpace.  They like me 'cause I'm special   =D

At Ozzfest 2004 (actually it was the day before the Hatebreed story; 2 days straight of metal  >:D ) Slayer played right in front of Judas Priest.  However, Judas Priest's equipment was in the area between the rail and the stage, so security wasn't letting anyone crowd surf over.  When Slayer came on stage, of course everyone starts going crazy and crowd surfers start popping out of the woodwork.  I was in the front row again and every time a crowd surfer would come in, security would throw them back into the crowd!  I watched in semi-amusement (damn crowd surfers hurt when they land on your head) as security began a game of tennis with the crowd.  Finally the crowd got sick of it and started sidestepping the crowd surfers, who would fall face first onto the concrete.  After a few people got bloodied up, they started letting them over the rail.   :laugh:

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »
Slayer were good at Donington Download 2004 too. They were the only reason I went really (just for the Sunday), as I am not exactly a fan of Slipknot, and although Metallica were there, they were very late and played a lot of new stuff.

Slayer actually gave up their main stage spot for someone else that day, becuase someone was running late. They ended up on the second biggest stage, which was in a huge Marquees tent. It worked out much better this way, as it was dark in the tent, with red stage lighting, and it was a boiling hot august. It gave the tent great atmosphere. They played basically all of Reign in Blood and a few others. Great gig.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 10:05:20 AM »
Nothing in the world like a good metal show.  >:D

Going to see Motorhead next month I think.  Just saw Down last month.  Metallica wasn't bad during earlier tours, I don't know how they are now.  Likely not to my liking.  I'm more of a Slayer fan. :cool:
Had tix to Motorhead in AC this past weekend.  Went tuna fishing and didn't make it back in time to get to the show.  I was kinda bummed.  Never seen them and was really looking forward to it.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:19 AM »
I also like Lennon Murphy, saw her open for Ted Nugent a few years ago.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »
Many years ago I saw Iron Maiden in concert, The Number of the Beast tour. Hardly anyone knew who they were. They had a pop band on stage opening for them and they got ran off the stage by a barrage of beer cups and other items thrown at them by the drunk unruly crowd demanding Maiden.

It was at Chicagofest held at Navy Pier on the Lake Michigan shoreline. Chicagofest was the precursor to what is now called the Taste of Chicago.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 02:48:18 PM »
I also like Lennon Murphy, saw her open for Ted Nugent a few years ago.

I was supposed to have seen her like a year or two ago, but she cancelled some of the shows (all of the ones in Sweden for example) because not enough people had pre-bought tickets.

OTOH, I've seen her totally nekkid, so I didn't complain much :cool: =D.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:57:23 PM by The Viking »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 03:14:13 PM »
I was supposed to have seen her like a year or two ago, but she cancelled some of the shows (all of the ones in Sweden for example) because not enough people had pre-bought tickets.

OTOH, I've seen her totally nekkid, so I didn't complain much :cool: =D.

where??
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »

Physics

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 03:43:52 PM »
I've seen bands get run off stage before.  The fear in their eyes is almost like a deer in headlights.  Slayer shows are infamous for this, as many unfortunate opening bands have come to find out.  The last one I saw was, again, Ozzfest 2004, and As I Lay Dying totally choked and were booed offstage. 

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »
I've seen bands get run off stage before.  The fear in their eyes is almost like a deer in headlights.  Slayer shows are infamous for this, as many unfortunate opening bands have come to find out.  The last one I saw was, again, Ozzfest 2004, and As I Lay Dying totally choked and were booed offstage. 

Physics, I misread that last bit, thought you had said they were boned offstage... :O
Hi.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 10:23:07 PM »
Metal? Hell yes.

Metallica, Megadeth, Suicidal tendencies, Poison, Winger, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Cradle of Filth, Electric Hellfire Club, Mercyful Fate.....amongst others.

Most modern Alternative is (as has been stated) pop music w/guitars going through a fuzzy distortion pedal.  Some of it's good but not very much.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 07:06:32 PM »
Update

I saw Metallica at the Target Center in Minneapolis last night. I thought it was a pretty good show. The arena is known for bad sound, but it sounded pretty good to me. I was a fan for a long time until the whole Napster thing with Lars turned me off for a while. It's been five years since they did a show here, and I thought I'd give them a chance. They put on a good 2+ hour show. My only complaint is that they didn't play Breadfan or Fuel, but so it goes. The crowd was older (like me!) than I thought it would be. Maybe kids don't like Metallica these days. If you're thinking about checking them out, give them a shot.

photo and review from the StarTribune.

http://www.startribune.com/galleries/64174392.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/64184527.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/64189737.html?elr=KArks47cQiU47cQiU47cQULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:20:34 PM by thebaldguy »

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »
I know I ain't the youngest spring chicken around these parts, but I still have my Monsters of Rock Tour t-shirt somewhere in a box in the garage.  Tampa, 1988, IIRC.  Van Halen, Scorpions, Dokken, Metallica, Kingdom Come...

And I used to watch Headbangers Ball back when MTV played music videos.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »
Metallica has a song called "Breadfan?"
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »
I love the older Metallica.  I just couldn't swallow the St. Anger album though, it didn't even sound like music to me.  That was probably one of the last CDs I bought before sticking with iTunes and Pandora.

Physics

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 08:44:17 PM »
Metallica has a song called "Breadfan?"

Breadfan is actually a good cover in my book.  It is not originally Metallica though.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »
Metal head here too.

People seem a little surprised especially when they know what I do for a living. I may be a crew cut uniformed cop on the outside, but I'm a horn-flashing, leather and denim clad headbanger on the inside.  =D

My chief comes into my office when I'm typing reports and I usually have KNAC.com or Metal Shop streaming through the computer and he just shakes his head and leaves.

I've recently taken a particular liking to Texas red dirt metal like the Texas Hippie Coalition.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.