Author Topic: Tip Your Maid!  (Read 5942 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Tip Your Maid!
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
When we use a hotel we keep the do not disturb sign on the whole time. We don't care about the bed getting made and we reuse the towels and if we're there long enough to run out of stuff we just grab what we need from a maid's cart.

However we will leave a Jackson on the table on the last day of a longer stay as the place is pretty well used.   
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 10:42:49 PM »
Kind of a tangent, but most every hotel I've been at in the last at least ten years has the little sign in the bathroom about, "save the environment - reuse your towels!". I don't care for the nanny nagging, but am generally fine using a bath towel twice, and always follow the directions for where to put your towel if you don't want it changed out. I've never once actually had that happen. Every time I return to the room there are fresh towels everywhere.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 10:52:55 AM »
Kind of a tangent, but most every hotel I've been at in the last at least ten years has the little sign in the bathroom about, "save the environment - reuse your towels!". I don't care for the nanny nagging, but am generally fine using a bath towel twice, and always follow the directions for where to put your towel if you don't want it changed out. I've never once actually had that happen. Every time I return to the room there are fresh towels everywhere.

That has been my experience, also.

Invariably and infallibly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 11:02:13 AM »
Yeah, I can use the same towel for a week.  It's just clean water that I'm wiping off.  ;/

One place I stayed at several years ago must have had some sort of rule about how things had to be arranged.  The !@#$%^& maids kept moving the TV remote from the bedside stand where I left it back to the top of the TV  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 11:06:35 AM »
Yeah, I can use the same towel for a week.  It's just clean water that I'm wiping off.  ;/

We're changing your user name to Stinky Old Man.

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
We're changing your user name to Stinky Old Man.

=D

An apple a day keeps the doctor away but an onion a day keeps everyone away  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 10:00:08 PM »
I never tip, ever since the damn maid stole everything except my toothbrush and my camera.
7-11 was a part time job.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 11:37:14 PM »
I never tip, ever since the damn maid stole everything except my toothbrush and my camera.

It was obviously your fault, for leaving your stuff where she could see it. It was entrapment.

Get with the program ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design