Author Topic: NYC Has Been Infiltrated!  (Read 6373 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
NYC Has Been Infiltrated!
« on: April 13, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »
New York City has been infiltrated by chicken restaurants with extremely polite employees. Will these right wing horrors never cease?!?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/04/13/have-a-sandwich-the-new-yorker-loses-their-sht-over-chick-fil-as-christian-infiltration-of-nyc/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: NYC Has Been Infiltrated!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:58:42 PM »
Shhh . . . don't tell them about the Jewish delicatessens . . .
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 03:07:27 PM »
Chick-fil-a is about as unassuming a "Christian" company as can be.

I have never seen any religious materials at any restaurant (and my children LOVE Chick-fil-a so we are frequent visitors.)

The staff is unfailingly polite, courteous, and helpful. (And the food is excellent. Since I've been needing more fiber in my diet, I almost always get a salad when we visit lately. Even their salads are tasty!)

The KNOWLEDGE that the owners are Christian and that they live it out (partly by closing on Sundays) is enough to set the liberals off.

That really ought to open the eyes of any who don't think the left wants to crush any and all dissent, ESPECIALLY evangelical Christians.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
THE POWER OF CHICKEN COMPELS YOU!

THE POWER OF CHICKEN COMPELS YOU!

:laugh: =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
If you read the whole article, the nutter goes from his fear of a foreign invader (foreigners in NYC! Panic!) to a complaint that Chick-fil-a is too conformist, like all those other fast food chains in the city.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:35:22 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »
Had I money I would be a terrorist, order CFA daily and send it to the New Yorker office. Put them on blast for hating poor people if they trash it. Hopefully get an employee to say something positive on social media and then magnify that.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 09:51:54 AM »
New Yorker writers, editors, and contributors do not need to have a coherent premise or any rational continuity in their articles.  All they have to do is string many many many many words together in a grammatically consistent manner.

Many, many, many... many... words.

I quit reading it except for the cartoons long before I left Noo Yawk, and haven't looked at it since then.  Besides, Playboy had better cartoons anyhow.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 09:52:56 AM »
Iowahawk suggested that NYC build a wall...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
Iowahawk suggested that NYC build a wall...
Interesting idea.  I like it.  Can we then evict crazy liberals in other areas and dump them over the wall?  No one could ever escape from that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 10:58:33 AM »
Interesting idea.  I like it.  Can we then evict crazy liberals in other areas and dump them over the wall?  No one could ever escape from that. 

No one?

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »
No one?

How did I know that was going to be the next reply.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »
So I just saw a news snippet on the TV where they mentioned New Yorkers complaining about bible verses on the walls. I don't have a local Chick-fil-A, so only visit one when I'm traveling, but I don't remember seeing any "blatant" Christian verses around the restaurants. Either I'm oblivious (which is true), or any verses are fairly inconspicuous.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »
How did I know that was going to be the next reply.

When some lobs one like that over the plate....

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 11:37:02 AM »
So I just saw a news snippet on the TV where they mentioned New Yorkers complaining about bible verses on the walls. I don't have a local Chick-fil-A, so only visit one when I'm traveling, but I don't remember seeing any "blatant" Christian verses around the restaurants. Either I'm oblivious (which is true), or any verses are fairly inconspicuous.

From what I understand, there are bible verses on the walls.

Of the Headquarters. In Atlanta. (And a statue of Jesus)

You know, signifying that they are from "THAT tribe".

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »
Got a Jesus Chicken here about  2 miles from Festung Scout.   Great chicken sandwiches.   I don't recall any blatant Christian "stuff" anywhere in the store.  However, my town is EXTREMELY evangelical Christian so I would notice it.

The only thing that I find somewhat "weird" is how polite and positive they employees are .  Like beyond "Stepford Wives" courteous.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 11:51:58 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 12:02:08 PM »
Larry Correia had fun with this article.

That was great!  :rofl:

I especially liked:

The ironic thing here is a dude who probably faps to Whole Foods ads for cruelty free kale is super upset that somebody else came up with a successful advertising slogan.

Also I wonder what Gary Larson thinks about the whole, "One animal convincing you to kill and eat another animal" outrage.  I think that's like 25% of Far Side cartoons.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 12:18:14 PM »
I've seen (probably) gay employees in chick fil a.
I've seen Muslim employees in chick fil a.
Mexicans, blacks, asians, middle eastern and whites.
Old and young.

I've never once seen religious propaganda in one, nor have I ever been prostoltized in one.

The New Yorker can *expletive deleted*ck off.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 12:19:23 PM »
...there’s already a train full of s**t every time Dan commutes. 

Almost got me to spew my coffee on that one.

There are secret burger places literally hidden inside hotel lobbies (behind curtains!).

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »
I've never once seen religious propaganda in one, nor have I ever been prostoltized in one.

My dry cleaner offers one-hour prostoltizing.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »

My dry cleaner offers one-hour prostoltizing.

Get your soul cleaned and pressed in a hour ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:53 PM »
I thought prostoltizing was when I got the finger wave from my internist at my annual visit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 03:12:40 PM »
Prostoltizing?

I thought it was the act of shouting "Prost!" when raising one's glass in a toast.

REF ("prost!"):
1.cheers (the usual toast when drinking alcohol)

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »
I may be the odd man out here but while Chik-fil-a is "OK" I just don't see what all the fuss is about.
They make a decent fast-food grade chicken sandwich and their breakfast chicken biscuit is fine enough I just don't se it as anything all that special.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
I may be the odd man out here but while Chik-fil-a is "OK" I just don't see what all the fuss is about.
They make a decent fast-food grade chicken sandwich and their breakfast chicken biscuit is fine enough I just don't se it as anything all that special.

Pretty much it is "OK" as you say, which is part of the point. People go there for the same reason they go to other fast food chains: Standard food so they don't have to experiment in some locale they are just passing through, for example. It's generally better than McDonald's with the added bonus of spotless restaurants with, as has been said, extremely nice and polite employees who go way out of their way for customer service.

I don't think anyone is claiming that they're fives stars. It's that they are a decent, clean, and friendly place to eat. I have never been proselytized to in a Cick-fil-A, never seen any "God references" or anything else religious. Unless you count that their customer service seems to be based on "Do unto others" and other polite stuff out of the bible, that happens to be part of other religions and philosophies as well.

People come to Chick-fil-A's defense because SJWs attack them just because the owner is a Christian.Because of that they somehow think Chick-fil-A should be run out of business, putting thousands (tens of thousands?) of decent, hardworking people out of a job.