Author Topic: whats this about?  (Read 4547 times)

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
Re: whats this about?
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
After looking at the list of items it looks like she had a gemtech .22lr supressor and the Thompson might have been NFA regulated as well. If it turns out that the PD illegaly seized the weapons they should get gigged with NFA violations as well. After all, if you or I had done the same we'd be liable for many years in Club Fed.
Look, tiny text!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
If it turns out that the PD illegaly seized the weapons they should get gigged with NFA violations as well. After all, if you or I had done the same we'd be liable for many years in Club Fed
Should in a just world at least, but won't.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »
M21 SKS Sniper Rifle... "M21" was a designation for some Norinco export SKS's that came in around the late 80's and early 90's before the Clinton E.O.'s put a stop to them. I think they had no Chinese military arsenal markings etc.

M21 is also the designation for an M-14-based sniper rifle.

Springfield armory sells clones based on their M1A.

So it could also be that she had an SKS and one of the SA clones, and they "combined" the two.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 01:29:17 AM »
Asked on one of the other boards... "What the hell is an 'SKS M21 Sniper Rifle'?:laugh:

Actually I was going to ask that.  All the SKS's I've ever shot (or seen) were about as accurate as an AK-47 (or variant).
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 01:33:33 AM »
After looking at the list of items it looks like she had a gemtech .22lr supressor and the Thompson might have been NFA regulated as well. If it turns out that the PD illegaly seized the weapons they should get gigged with NFA violations as well. After all, if you or I had done the same we'd be liable for many years in Club Fed.

Only the Gemtech is a NFA item and that just requires a stamp.  Everything else is semi-auto.  From what I've seen and heard other places, Lakewood is a suburb of Cleveland and somewhat "Upscale".  However the city and the PD are very anti-2A.  Given the court papers, looks like the lady inn question has said court order, so I'm wondering if she got her guns back. 

This could be a interesting case, not so much about the 2A but about 4A.  Could be a serious Civil Rights violation....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:38:39 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »
Only the Gemtech is a NFA item and that just requires a stamp.  Everything else is semi-auto.  From what I've seen and heard other places, Lakewood is a suburb of Cleveland and somewhat "Upscale".  However the city and the PD are very anti-2A

Hmmm. I wonder if she tried getting a CLEO sign off on her paperwork and they said "no," so she went the Corporation/trust route to NFA happiness and the police took that as an affront or at at least  made her a person of interest because she asked?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama