Author Topic: Chris Matthews  (Read 6698 times)

slingshot

• friend
Chris Matthews
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
Been wondering where Chris Matthews has been for the last few days.  In fact, I can't even find MSNBC listed on the cable listings anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKYLU6F8mtA

I got my answer.  I feel sorry for him, but my goodness has he gone off the deep end.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Hutch

• friend
Re: Chris Matthews
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »
My first recollection of him was during Monica-gate.  He was very harsh on the Slickster, more so than just about any of the MSM sorts.  I actually looked forward to his commentary.  He admitted that if it had been a GOP president, or a Fortune 10 CEO, he wouldn't have lasted a week.

Guess they doubled up on his Kool-aid.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
I also enjoyed his commentary until Obama was nominated for president for the 2008 election.  Of late, he has just been so biased.  I would not be surprised that Hannity eventually has the same fate.  I have gotten totally sick of hearing his one-sided slant about politics.  I do like a balanced approach and there is always more than one way to do something, especially political.  It may not matter.  I am starting to sense "doom" in the future worldwide that will eventually lead to a major war.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
Been wondering where Chris Matthews has been for the last few days.  In fact, I can't even find MSNBC listed on the cable listings anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKYLU6F8mtA

I got my answer.  I feel sorry for him, but my goodness has he gone off the deep end.

That video is four years old.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
His page is still on the MSDNC website.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »
You sure?  I just found it.  Added:  That video is from 2008.  My mistake....  with the Oberman thing, I assumed this was fresh news.

Mods, Please delete this thread. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:14:11 PM by slingshot »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:06:34 PM »
I also enjoyed his commentary until Obama was nominated for president for the 2008 election.  Of late, he has just been so biased.  I would not be surprised that Hannity eventually has the same fate.  I have gotten totally sick of hearing his one-sided slant about politics.  I do like a balanced approach and there is always more than one way to do something, especially political.  It may not matter.  I am starting to sense "doom" in the future worldwide that will eventually lead to a major war.

Hannity is a conservative commentator/analyst.
He's straightforward conservative and makes no bones about it; it's his job.
Wasn't Mathews supposed to be ... "neutral" -- or objective?   Or "unbiased?"
I won't comment about Obermann because I don't know if he's even supposed to be human let alone unbiased....
But I do think there is a difference between Mathews & Hannity.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »
When was the last time Mathews subbed for Rush Limbaugh?  Had to be back in the 90's.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
When was the last time Mathews subbed for Rush Limbaugh?  Had to be back in the 90's.

I remember that; it only happened once.
I wonder why......................... [popcorn] :rofl: :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »
Probably because he was better than Rush.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 12:03:55 PM »
Probably because he was better than Rush.
:facepalm:
Ya GOTZ TO BE KIDDING!!!!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
I have found that people don't kid about Rush. They may love him or hate him, but either way, people are very serious about it. Myself included. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
Say what you want about Rush but he and Matthews aren't even in the same league.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
Say what you want about Rush but he and Matthews aren't even in the same league.

Ya mean Rush doesn't get a tingle up his leg when Obama speaks?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »

Absolutely. I'm no dittohead, but to suggest Rush's popularity isn't based on talent and marketing a desired good is to make the same case about Oprah. I'm no fan of either, but they are both successful for reasons far beyond luck.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »

Probably more like indigestion . . . . . . .  [tinfoil] [popcorn] :angel:

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »
Probably more like indigestion . . . . . . .  [tinfoil] [popcorn] :angel:

There ya go! =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 12:49:21 AM »
:facepalm:
Ya GOTZ TO BE KIDDING!!!!
No drinking of Kool-Aid here.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:00:57 AM by Jamie B »
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »
Absolutely. I'm no dittohead, but to suggest Rush's popularity isn't based on talent and marketing a desired good is to make the same case about Oprah. I'm no fan of either, but they are both successful for reasons far beyond luck.

This. I don't like rush either but his popularity and talent is undeniable.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 08:00:24 AM »
This. I don't like rush either but his popularity and talent is undeniable.
He is a successful marketing person. I just do not like his product.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »

Matthews reminds me of an overexcited pup that pees down both legs when his master comes home.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 10:08:56 AM »
Are you saying that Obama is his Master?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »
Are you saying that Obama is his Master?

That's racist!

Right?  =D

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »
After years of pretending to be balanced and objective on HardBall I for one am happy that he has been letting his liberal freak flag fly.

The fewer liars we have in the media pretending to be something they aren't ie objective and unbiased, the better.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »
After years of pretending to be balanced and objective on HardBall I for one am happy that he has been letting his liberal freak flag fly.

The fewer liars we have in the media pretending to be something they aren't ie objective and unbiased, the better.

Hear, hear! I'd add, we have cable news to thank for this. The competition for ratings and drive to fill airtime killed (OK, mortally wounded) the facade of sanctimonious "journalistic objectivity" clung to by the big 3 networks for so many years. The debate and opinion programming pulled Matthews and his ilk into the open, exposing their inherent biases.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch