Author Topic: Obama Turns on the Charm?  (Read 2630 times)

slingshot

• friend
Obama Turns on the Charm?
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Obama Turns on the Charm?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:59:18 AM »
I like that we're less than 60 days into Obama's second term and he's already being presented with "lame duck" status.

I still see the election as a failure on the GOP's part to put a proper liberty-loving candidate forward, rather than an adherence of the country to Free *expletive deleted*it.

Yes, the FSA is a big constituency... but voter turnout was lower in 2012 than in 2008.  Romney's pro-statist health care views and gungrabbing affiliations didn't exactly endear him to the Republican campaign machine at the state/county/precinct level across the country.  There was a serious enthusiasm gap in conservative politics.

A lame duck Obama can put us in a holding pattern for the next couple years.  Maybe we'll only be $20 trillion in debt when he finally leaves office.  I still think this boat is sunk, but it's just a question of it's sunk by a what caliber of cannon and how long it takes to slip under the waves.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »

I still see the election as a failure on the GOP's part to put a proper liberty-loving candidate forward, rather than an adherence of the country to Free *expletive deleted*.

This

NEVER AGAIN will I fall for the old "hold your nose and vote for this guy, because he's electable" nonsense.

Rand Paul is my guy
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 10:45:36 AM »
I think the USA may be "sunk" also.  It is just a matter of time before the realization hits and then the #$@& will hit fan. Greece will be nothing when the US falls and China will tumble right behind it.

I hope the Presdent is starting to realize that he may get nothing done in his second term if he doesn't start working with the Republicans and the more conservative side of the Democratic Party.  But I still think he is totally focused on the next election which will cause great harm to this country as it infers the status quo until then.  I don't think he cares.  This dinner thing is just anothe tactic.  But he has to put actions behind any kind of compromise talks on his end.  It is all "secret" and he just blames those dirty Republicans.

This business with Rand Paul was a bit of a slap.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »
. . . I hope the President is starting to realize that he may get nothing done in his second term if he doesn't start working with the Republicans and the more conservative side of the Democratic Party.  . . .
What if BHO doesn't really care about getting things done or solving the problems we face?

Consider this: If we had a President motivated by hatred and malice towards this country who had at his core a desire to harm the nation as much as he possibly could, while still aware of the political danger of arousing the ire of even his own party by overstepping . . . what would he do differently than what we see BHO doing today?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 12:01:06 PM »
I think the USA may be "sunk" also.  It is just a matter of time before the realization hits and then the #$@& will hit fan. Greece will be nothing when the US falls and China will tumble right behind it.

Agreed.  There's nothing anybody can do about this thing now.  I'm inclined to agree with precherman - brace for impact.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
What if BHO doesn't really care about getting things done or solving the problems we face?

Consider this: If we had a President motivated by hatred and malice towards this country who had at his core a desire to harm the nation as much as he possibly could, while still aware of the political danger of arousing the ire of even his own party by overstepping . . . what would he do differently than what we see BHO doing today?

Hanlon's Razor.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »
One of the problems is that when economic conditions begin sinking the big countries, the world is likely to erupt in war.  I don't like the prospects of a world at war again.  The US has always been there to temper the reactions of the world to a degree.  No US; No chaperone.  I fear the result.

The one thing Rand Paul accomplished is that he sent a message to the White House that this stuff is just not right.  You know of course if the US erupted in a revolution of sorts that those weapons would be used against American citizens.  The end result would likely be a "US" that is split into a two or three countries.  I doubt it will go like the civil war this time around.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 12:44:05 PM »
Obama has put the nation into a power dive and he has no plans to pull up.   He is a political suicide bomber.

His re-election will prove to be the apogee of his political career.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
Obama has put the nation into a power dive and he has no plans to pull up.   He is a political suicide bomber.

His re-election will prove to be the apogee of his political career.

The one he just had, or the one he's gonna have in 2016?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
The one he just had, or the one he's gonna have in 2016?

"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »

Hanlon's Razor.

Sometimes it really is malice.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 04:09:15 PM »
It's an act and cover.   "See, I took them to dinner and they still won't raise taxes/do it my way.  It's all their fault we're in this mess."

However, the worst thing that could happen is happening.  No one (outside of DC and the chattering class) is taking any notice of the sequester.   Yes, they are doing things to "hurt" the end users like soldiers and tourists.  But not much is really being impacted.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »
Agreed.  There's nothing anybody can do about this thing now.  I'm inclined to agree with precherman - brace for impact.

and everyone calls the preppers nuts.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »
The problem is the President does not want his name on most legislation in terms of pushing it unless it fits his personal agenda.  He pushed Obama Care.  He is pushing gun control.  Not much else.  For the day to day stuff, he just wants the Senate to do his dirty work (just blame others) which is where the problem develops not to mention his word does not seem to be his bond. 

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »
The dons of the Republican party are eating their young.  Euthanasia for multiple term R's may actually be a blessing.

I hereby initiate the beginning of the Wacko Bird party.  A feather in every nest sez I.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 10:49:48 AM »

I hope the Presdent is starting to realize that he may get nothing done in his second term if he doesn't start working with the Republicans and the more conservative side of the Democratic Party.  But I still think he is totally focused on the next election which will cause great harm to this country as it infers the status quo until then.  I don't think he cares.  This dinner thing is just anothe tactic.  But he has to put actions behind any kind of compromise talks on his end.  It is all "secret" and he just blames those dirty Republicans.

This business with Rand Paul was a bit of a slap.
Has Obama ever offerred to compromise on anything meaningful at all?  He talks about it a lot like most Democrats do, but all they ever mean is that Republicans should "compromise" by caving in to their demands.  I haven't seen Democrats, much less Obama, compromise in quite some time.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 10:56:20 AM »
Has Obama ever offerred to compromise on anything meaningful at all?  He talks about it a lot like most Democrats do, but all they ever mean is that Republicans should "compromise" by caving in to their demands.  I haven't seen Democrats, much less Obama, compromise in quite some time.

Oh, yeah - they compromise by not getting everything they want right now  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
The one thing Rand Paul accomplished is that he sent a message to the White House that this stuff is just not right.
Kindasorta quoting a great Austrian philosopher Adolph Hitler, "You stand there with your law books and I'll stand here with my bayonet and we'll see who prevails."
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon