Author Topic: 8th grade student supended and arrested for wearing a NRA shirt to school.  (Read 12120 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
So, I take it we can count you as a staunch supporter of diversity of opinion?  Or just opinions that you agree with?

;/

This from the guy equating AR15's with swastikas...

But yeah, if the kid was wearing a Che Guevera shirt or some other stupid nonsense I'd be opposed to him getting arrested for it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
(Got paddled by the vice principal myself once or twice in high school.  :angel: Them were the good ole days.)

Cute, was she?  Ya know, the hot teacher/S&M fantasy isn't really all that rare.   ;/
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

cambeul41

• friend
Sometime back, a student came to class wearing a shirt depicting a huge revolver pointing directly forward at whomever was in front of him. I am sure that he wore it just to see if he could make me twitch.

I just said, " " Nice shirt."

He looked so disappointed.
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
I am starting to think this father (and other parents) need to be charge with child neglect... for putting their kids in public schools.

There is a significant home-school contingent in my social circles. Maybe my daughter needs to join them.

Yup.  Not even the districts that have managed to maintain some semblance of academic rigor can be trusted. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
"obstruction and disturbing the education process"

Obstruct & Disturb was my specialty in high school
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
IF THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO THE STORY it would seem that they have a good case against the school, the arresting officer, and the police department - false arrest, false charges, official oppression, etc.

I agree, but at this point, the only people that we have heard from is the family and their attorney. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
And by law the school has to keep quiet. Its a fact often exploited by a good lawyer.especially one trolling for a settlement. Once ot goes to discovery its fair game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Follow up articles (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/wva-middle-school-student-charged-after-refusing-to-take-off-nra-shirt/2013/04/21/924179e6-aac4-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html and others) make the point that the kid was asked to exchange the shirt or turn it inside out because a teacher felt the image depicted was violent and violated the dress code which forbade same.  He refused and was sent to the office and the police were called after arguing with the teacher.  The cops told the kid to sit down and shut up while they sorted things out and the kid refused.  The police arrested him for obstruction.

But that story is not as exciting as ZOMG! Arrested only for wearing a shirt with Evil Black Rifles on it!  Constitution trampled underfoot by nanny Statist schools! 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
again the revolution dies aborning
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

gunsmith

• friend
free speech is important, I'm glad he stood up for it as well as the NRA.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

• friends
free speech is important, I'm glad he stood up for it as well as the NRA.

free speech in school?

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/teachers/featured_articles/20080915monday.html

MicroBalrog

• friend
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Whoa, someone refused to shut up when a cop told him to?!?!?! Damn terrorist.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
free speech in school?

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/teachers/featured_articles/20080915monday.html

Yes, but while speech is limited in school, I fail to see how this shirt fell into one of the categories that can be banned. 

That being said, the kid needs to learn some restraint.  The side of me that sees the worst in people wonders if he was hoping to get arrested.  "Youth gets arrested for wearing an NRA shirt" is much more exciting than "Youth gets sent to the office for wearing an NRA shirt."

The dad has a Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/blackriflear15

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
http://www.splc.org/news/newsflash.asp?id=764   

BTDT. I forsee a school district getting spanked. The NRA has experiance with this particular type of spanking.

As for the arrest, depending on how mouthy the kid was, I can see it happening. Apparently no one explained to kiddo that mouthing off after the cops tell you to sit down and shutup is counter productive. It's really hard to deal with a situation like this rationally when you've got someone how will not take a chill pill.

I'm guessing you guys are unfamiliar with what a indignent preteen is fully capible of when feeling rightous and oppressed.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

gunsmith

• friend
I know what you're saying BSL.
 kids do press boundaries, but there is a limited right to free speech in schools.
The NRA should win, NRA shirts are generally not really offensive. If the teacher is offended by NRA shirts he/she needs to get a life.

HankB

• friend
Kid is back in class, wearing the same shirt.    :rofl:

http://failover.washingtonpost.com/national/wva-teen-arrested-suspended-after-refusing-to-take-off-nra-t-shirt-returns-to-class/2013/04/22/5da91f90-ab6e-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

According to the story, OTHER teens across that county are wearing similar shirts in support.  :rofl:

They now claim the suspension was for "disrupting the educational process" but it seems to me that it was the teacher who confronted him who did the disrupting.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• friend
Kid is back in class, wearing the same shirt.    :rofl:

http://failover.washingtonpost.com/national/wva-teen-arrested-suspended-after-refusing-to-take-off-nra-t-shirt-returns-to-class/2013/04/22/5da91f90-ab6e-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

According to the story, OTHER teens across that county are wearing similar shirts in support.  :rofl:

They now claim the suspension was for "disrupting the educational process" but it seems to me that it was the teacher who confronted him who did the disrupting.

I completely agree with this. 

What, wait?  You mean the kid was suspended.  I thought you meant the teacher and educrat. 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend

BTDT. I forsee a school district getting spanked. The NRA has experiance with this particular type of spanking.

As for the arrest, depending on how mouthy the kid was, I can see it happening. Apparently no one explained to kiddo that mouthing off after the cops tell you to sit down and shutup is counter productive. It's really hard to deal with a situation like this rationally when you've got someone how will not take a chill pill.

I'm guessing you guys are unfamiliar with what a indignent preteen is fully capible of when feeling rightous and oppressed.

Disturbing visual:
Wayne LaPierre in dominatrix leathers.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
^^^ My eyes!  The goggles do nothing!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Disturbing visual:

No. No, no, no, no. Do not give Harold Tuttle those kinds of ideas. He might shop that, and then he would have to be executed, and it would be all your fault.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com

No. No, no, no, no. Do not give Harold Tuttle those kinds of ideas. He might shop that, and then he would have to be executed, and it would be all your fault.

No. You know the rules. It would still be your fault.

HankB

• friend
Disturbing visual:
Given the state of Publik Skuuls today, this just may prompt the administrators to start "NRA Clubs" on every campus from coast to coast . . .  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends

Good find. Here is a link to the actual case:

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/031125.P.pdf
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:12:22 PM by SteveS »

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Disturbing visual:
You, sir, are an ahole
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.