Author Topic: Oh look, now Levi Strauss desires corporate ruin.  (Read 2380 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Oh look, now Levi Strauss desires corporate ruin.
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:32:09 AM »
Levi Strauss jean company has decided that its customers are in need of a nanny.  I had been hanging to my old 501s & 505s as fitness goals.  Maybe I'll just burn them now.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Oh look, now Levi Strauss desires corporate ruin.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:37:42 AM »
They're headquartered in San Francisco so it doesn't come as any real shock.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 11:52:13 AM »
Nothing new to see here...Levi Strauss has been doing this type of stuff for years, In 2016 they flat out said they did not want people exercising their 2A rights in their stores so please leave your guns at home. This is just an escalation of existing corporate thinking toward gun control.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 12:23:00 PM »
Nothing new to see here...Levi Strauss has been doing this type of stuff for years, In 2016 they flat out said they did not want people exercising their 2A rights in their stores so please leave your guns at home. This is just an escalation of existing corporate thinking toward gun control.

bob

Yup. This is one of the few companies that got me pissed enough to boycott them. That was when they first made this gun control push in I think the early 90s (maybe earlier). I think they were catering to the MTV crowd at that time. They were the first company that I ever boycotted.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 01:25:59 PM »
I'd been planning to getting a new "jeans" jacket.  Still will, just won't be one of theirs.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 01:41:35 PM »
If I remember correctly, there have been a number of articles written on how millennials base their shopping habits on the virtue-signalling of the manufacturer or vendor. Which would be marvelous, if more people understood what virtue means. In any case, we can only expect more of this. America's business climate has turned hard left. I guess they'll only straighten up when consumers force them to.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »
They took some anti gun stance years ago, over a decade ago.

I haven’t bought a pair since.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »
I can't boycott them any more than I already am, so I'm guessing they are just trying to weed out the last few stragglers of normal Americans that will still purchase their product.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 03:31:50 PM »
I can't boycott them any more than I already am, so I'm guessing they are just trying to weed out the last few stragglers of normal Americans that will still purchase their product.

Which is fine, because it makes it easier for the rest of us to identify the commie-pinkos. Just look for the little red tab.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »
Which is fine, because it makes it easier for the rest of us to identify the commie-pinkos. Just look for the little red tab.  =D

I would appreciate it if you stopped staring at my ass, majestic as it may be.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 04:59:13 PM »
I would appreciate it if you stopped staring at my ass, majestic as it may be.

It's humongous!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »
Levi Strauss is doing a fair job of corporate ruin with their pricing on your basic jeans.  The competition is almost as good and you can buy them for under $20 a pair.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 12:14:31 AM »
Their "Go Forth" add campaign always gave a lefty vibe.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »

Why is Grunchlk in a MadMax movie?

Levi Anti-2nd in the early 90s?  That was before I got firearms rabies, so this was new to me.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 05:08:03 PM »
Levi Anti-2nd in the early 90s?  That was before I got firearms rabies, so this was new to me.

Yup. I can't remember everything behind it, but I seem to recall at the time they were one of the first "big companies" to take such an "in your face" anti-gun stance, and that's what got us all riled up at the time.

There were of course, then just as now, plenty of companies that were anti-gun behind the scenes, but I'm recalling Levis - and this was pre-internet - was pretty much running a, "we hate gun owners" campaign.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »

I'm a commie-pinko today. I found some Levi's carpenter pants at a thrift store for ~$10. I like them pretty well, except that they have only one belt loop between 3 and 9 o'clock. What is that about?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »
I'm a commie-pinko today. I found some Levi's carpenter pants at a thrift store for ~$10. I like them pretty well, except that they have only one belt loop between 3 and 9 o'clock. What is that about?

Made for use with clip-on suspenders, the kind that use real clasps and not those girly little things you see on hippie suspenders from LL Bean.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »

I would guess that would be about 6 o'clock....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »
Levi Strauss is doing a fair job of corporate ruin with their pricing on your basic jeans.  The competition is almost as good and you can buy them for under $20 a pair.
I've lost count on the number of Levi jeans I've worn out completely. Prefer to buy Dickies jeans. Holding up good so far, no sign of ruined crotches yet.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 08:05:21 PM »

They don't make money on second-hand sales, so I don't see a problem.

Kind of like buying a used S&W back when they were bending over for Clinton and Co...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 10:27:14 PM »
Tom Knighton, an admitted lifelong Levi's jeans wearer, maintained he'd no longer support the company.

"And just like that, I'll never own another stitch of Levi Strauss clothing again in my life," Knighton stated.

Works for me. Walmart's house brand jeans fit me better than Levi's, last longer, and cost around 10 bucks a pair. Why would I ever go back to Levi's?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »
Since I reluctantly transitioned to a larger phone, I find the leg pockets on some brands will no longer work for me. Levi's and Dickie's are two brands that still work.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 01:14:50 AM »

Maybe they're ladies' jeans?... Do they have really shallow pockets?  :lol:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 01:32:22 AM »
Maybe they're ladies' jeans?... Do they have really shallow pockets?  :lol:

Like this?
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mom-jeans/3505924