Author Topic: Trump Requesting >50% Cut to UN Funding  (Read 1210 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump Requesting >50% Cut to UN Funding
« on: March 13, 2017, 10:07:39 PM »
This is great news. Both from the "about time" perspective and the "progressive heads exploding" perspective. I hope he's able to push most of it through.

http://twitchy.com/wa-37/2017/03/13/report-trump-to-cut-us-funding-for-united-nations-programs-by-over-50/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
Re: Trump Requesting >50% Cut to UN Funding
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:28:39 PM »
This is great news. Both from the "about time" perspective and the "progressive heads exploding" perspective. I hope he's able to push most of it through.

http://twitchy.com/wa-37/2017/03/13/report-trump-to-cut-us-funding-for-united-nations-programs-by-over-50/

Even if this doesn't happen,  that it's being talked about at all makes me grin.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 07:55:36 AM »
So what can be done with the $5 billion that wouldn't go to the UN?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:24:46 AM »
Sounds like a lot of concrete and rebar
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »
Sounds like a lot of concrete and rebar

But Meehico is going to pay for the wall!!!!!!!!1???
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 09:18:43 AM »
Road & bridge reconstruction. I only say that because although it doesn't have to go anywhere, pols can't just have a lower budget.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »
But Meehico is going to pay for the wall!!!!!!!!1???
I'm sure a good accountant can make it so on paper. Does Mexico receive UN funds? Oh and those factories staying and not leaving in sure get a line on the budget sheet.

Course, we were also supposed to get Obamacare repealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
Tear down the UN building and abate all the asbestos and crap that is likely in it.  They can move to Syria or something.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 01:02:14 PM »
So he'll offer 50%, get countered at 20%, he'll throw facts and comparables at the deal, maybe toss in a little about NATO and mention the state of the plumbing, and we'll settle at a 30% cut.

A good deal for we deplorables who've been bitching about the UN bringing down the neighborhood for decades.

Terry, 161RN  (a 30% cut)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:24:41 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 01:51:24 PM »
So he'll offer 50%, get countered at 20%, he'll throw facts and comparables at the deal, maybe toss in a little about NATO and mention the state of the plumbing, and we'll settle at a 30% cut.

A good deal for we deplorables who've been bitching about the UN bringing down the neighborhood for decades.

Terry, 161RN  (a 30% cut)

While I want a bigger cut, I'd actually be happy with ANY cut, even single digits, just to for once show that it's freakin' possible.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »
As long as it's an ACTUAL CUT, and not merely a reduction in the growth rate . . . or worse, we slip them money under the table from some other budget line item.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain