Author Topic: Breakfast With Dave Canterbury  (Read 1575 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Breakfast With Dave Canterbury
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »
Dave Canterbury of Dual Survival cooks up a mountain man breakfast. Holy crap, I didn't recognize him as a long haired hippy!  :laugh:

Breakfast looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6NZPk-4jE
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Breakfast With Dave Canterbury
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
Tsk-tsk tsk.  I had hair like that until I was about 60.  Now I stubbornly maintain a raggedy pony tail just out of sheer orneriness.

Had a couple of beards, too, but basically don't like beards.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:53:50 PM »
Tsk-tsk tsk.  I had hair like that until I was about 60.  Now I stubbornly maintain a raggedy pony tail just out of sheer orneriness.

Don't be that guy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »
So, where in the backwoods of Tenntucky do you find the plasticbagofstuffing bush?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 07:15:51 AM »
Dave Canterbury of Dual Survival cooks up a mountain man breakfast. Holy crap, I didn't recognize him as a long haired hippy!  :laugh:

Breakfast looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6NZPk-4jE

My hair is about that long right now but I got sick of the beard and keep it shaved down to a stubble.

I've been finding myself more and more interested in camp style cooking as I've been doing more camping than backpacking these last few years.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Grebnaws

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »
I could cut off a foot of hair and still have more than he does. In fact, I'd probably have to just to find something that could scrub out the crusty cheese grater on a camp site. I didn't think much of Dual Survival but remember being impressed by the actual hippy going barefoot in the mountains. Crazy.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »
BTW, this wasn't a dig at you APS long hairs. I just didn't recognize him because the first link I saw just took me to the video on cooking, and didn't say who it was. For those who didn't watch Dual Survival, Dave was the "military partner" on the show, so didn't look like Cullan Bohanon back then. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
I think, the long hair and beard fits him.

NO HOMO

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »
I think, the long hair and beard fits him.

NO HOMO

It actually made him look about ten years younger to me than his show look, which I think is why I didn't recognize him right away.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
That's actually pretty similar to brunch at deer camp, except we scale it up to fill a 2' pan and add bacon, onion, and bell pepper. The potatoes have also been replaced with dehydrated hash browns, they cook faster.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?