Author Topic: That's a surprisingly extensive list  (Read 1680 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
That's a surprisingly extensive list
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
Looking up roll pin punches on Grainger, came across this listing for a roll pin collar. http://www.grainger.com/product/SANDVIK-COROMANT-Roll-Pin-Collar-5ATR5?s_pp=false It's a little piece of metal that holds roll pins I believe, and it costs a dollar.

No item description, but here's a list of places they can't export it to.

This item has been restricted from sale in the following countries: Andorra, United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Albania, Armenia, Angola, Antarctica, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Burkina-Faso, Bulgaria, Bahrain, Burundi, Benin, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba, Brazil, Bhutan, Bouvet Islands, Botswana, Belarus, Canada, Cocos Islands, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Congo, Switzerland, Ivory Coast, Cook Islands, Chile, Cameroon, China, Cuba, Cape Verde, Curacao, Christmas Island, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Djibouti, Denmark, Dominica, Algeria, Estonia, Egypt, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Spain, Ethiopia, Finland, Fiji, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Faroe Islands, France, Gabon, United Kingdom, Grenada, Georgia, French Guiana, Bailiwick of Guernsey, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guadeloupe, Equatorial Guinea, Greece, South Georgia and the Southern Sandwich Islands, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong, Heard and McDonald Islands, Croatia, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Isle of Man, India, British Indian Ocean Territory, Iraq, Iran, Iceland, Italy, Bailiwick of Jersey, Jordan, Japan, Kenya, Kirghizia, Cambodia, Kiribati, Comoros, St. Kitts and Nevis, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Cayman Islands, Kazakhstan, Laos, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Liberia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Libya, Morocco, Monaco, Moldavia, Republic of Montenegro, Saint Martin, Madagascar, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Macedonia, Mali, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macau, Northern Mariana Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Montserrat, Malta, Mauritius, Maldives, Malawi, Mexico, Malaysia, Mozambique, Namibia, New Caledonia, Niger, Norfolk Islands, Nigeria, Netherlands, Norway, Nepal, Nauru, Niue Islands, New Zealand, Oman, French Polynesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pakistan, Poland, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Pitcairn Islands, Palestinian Territory, Portugal, Paraguay, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Sudan, Sweden, Singapore, Saint Helena, Slovenia, Svalbard, Slovakia, Sierra Leone, San Marino, Senegal, Somalia, Republic of South Sudan, Sao Tome and Principe, Country of Sint Maarten, Syria, Swaziland, Turks and Caicos Islands, Chad, French Southern Territories, Togo, Thailand, Tajikistan, Tokelau Islands, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Tonga, Turkey, Tuvalu, Taiwan, Tanzania, Ukraine, Uganda, American Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, British Virgin Islands, Vietnam, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Western Samoa, Yemen, Mayotte, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: That's a surprisingly extensive list
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:50:30 PM »
Likely just means they haven's gone to the time and effort to submit it for export approval.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »
Haha !!!  I can ship it to a buddy in Holland then he can ship it to the rest of the world !!!!

Profit !!!!

(BTW here's what it is.  They sell them in hardware stores around here.)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
This item has been restricted from sale in the following countries: Andorra*, United Arab Emirates**, Afghanistan*, Antigua and Barbuda*, Anguilla*, Albania*, Armenia*, Angola*, Antarctica*, Argentina*, Austria*, Australia*, Aruba*, Azerbaijan**, Bosnia and Herzegovina**, Bangladesh**, Belgium*, Burkina-Faso, Bulgaria*, Bahrain*, Burundi**, Benin, Bermuda*, Brunei Darussalam**, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba, Brazil*, Bhutan, Bouvet Islands, Botswana**, Belarus**, Canada*, Cocos Islands, The Democratic Republic of the Congo**, Central African Republic**, Congo**, Switzerland*, Ivory Coast*, Cook Islands, Chile*, Cameroon*, China*, Cuba*, Cape Verde*, Curacao&* Christmas Island, Cyprus*, Czech Republic**, Germany*, Djibouti, Denmark*, Dominica*, Algeria*, Estonia*, Egypt*, Western Sahara*, Eritrea**, Spain*, Ethiopia*, Finland*, Fiji, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Faroe Islands*, France*, Gabon*, United Kingdom*, Grenada, Georgia**, French Guiana*, Bailiwick of Guernsey*, Ghana*, Gibraltar*, Greenland*, Gambia, Guinea, Guadeloupe*, Equatorial Guinea*, Greece*, South Georgia and the Southern Sandwich Islands, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong*, Heard and McDonald Islands, Croatia**, Hungary*, Indonesia*, Ireland*, Israel*, Isle of Man*, India*, British Indian Ocean Territory, Iraq, Iran*, Iceland*, Italy*, Bailiwick of Jersey*, Jordan**, Japan*, Kenya**, Kirghizia, Cambodia*, Kiribati, Comoros, St. Kitts and Nevis*, North Korea***, South Korea*, Kuwait*, Cayman Islands, Kazakhstan*, Laos*, Lebanon*, St. Lucia*, Liechtenstein*, Sri Lanka, Liberia*, Lesotho, Lithuania*, Luxembourg*, Latvia*, Libya*, Morocco*, Monaco*, Moldavia**, Republic of Montenegro*, Saint Martin*, Madagascar*, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Macedonia**, Mali, Myanmar, Mongolia*, Macau, Northern Mariana Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Montserrat, Malta*, Mauritius, Maldives, Malawi, Mexico*, Malaysia**, Mozambique**, Namibia, New Caledonia*, Niger*, Norfolk Islands, Nigeria*, Netherlands*, Norway*, Nepal, Nauru, Niue Islands, New Zealand, Oman*, French Polynesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines*, Pakistan**, Poland*, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Pitcairn Islands, Palestinian Territory**, Portugal*, Paraguay*, Qatar, Reunion, Romania*, Republic of Serbia**, Russian Federation**, Rwanda**, Saudi Arabia*, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Sudan*, Sweden*, Singapore*, Saint Helena*, Slovenia**, Svalbard, Slovakia**, Sierra Leone*, San Marino*, Senegal*, Somalia*, Republic of South Sudan**, Sao Tome and Principe, Country of Sint Maarten, Syria*, Swaziland**, Turks and Caicos Islands*, Chad*, French Southern Territories*, Togo, Thailand*, Tajikistan**, Tokelau Islands, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan**, Tunisia*, Tonga, Turkey*, Tuvalu, Taiwan*, Tanzania**, Ukraine**, Uganda**, American Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay*, Uzbekistan**, Vatican City**, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, British Virgin Islands*, Vietnam*, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Western Samoa, Yemen*, Mayotte, South Africa*, Zambia** and Zimbabwe**.

* - been there

** - been there before it changed to its present name

*** - it's a long story.  One toe over the line.

Most of this was while I was a kid (4 - 12 years old) thanks to Dad being an industrial spy civillian research chemist with the US Army Quartermaster Corps.

And since the family passport is either lost, locked up/stored with Dad's personal papers, or buried under some sort of security classification in the National Archives (which story am I supposed to believe, Dad?) there is no way I am going to win any bar bets about where I've been.  About the only thing I know I can document is being kicked out of Russia as persona non grata after that incident of crashing into the Kremlin wall.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »
Why Grainger, other places are a lot cheaper for the same brands.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »
Why Grainger, other places are a lot cheaper for the same brands.

My company has an account there.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »
The alphabetical order of the countries is interssting.  The list is in english but groups Germany with the D's and Spain withe the E's. Must have an ORDER BY clause based on country code rather than the english country name (Deutscheland and Espa~na).
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 07:46:50 PM »
Likely just means they haven's gone to the time and effort to submit it for export approval.

Brad

Yeah, but unless almost every other model of roll pin (and screw and nail and etc etc) have been submitted, then why does this one item show this and no others?  ???

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
ITAR.  [tinfoil]

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »
This isn't a roll pin but an assembly item used in deep hole boring bar. So yeah, ITAR.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 10:22:03 PM »
This isn't a roll pin but an assembly item used in deep hole boring bar. So yeah, ITAR.

Probably. Gods I hated export control.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »
We sure as heck wouldn't want our enemies to get a hold of roll-pin technology.

They might reverse engineer it  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
If it's a Sandvik product, it's more likely that Grainger does not have the authority to sell/distribute any Sandvik steel products outside the U.S. rather than some wacky ITAR rule involving roll pins.
I promise not to duck.