Author Topic: That's quite a barn find  (Read 828 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
That's quite a barn find
« on: November 16, 2014, 07:56:31 PM »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: That's quite a barn find
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
They were never "lost" just in storage...many warbirds are in long term storage due to not being needed for display or awaiting a buyer...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
Awesome find!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »
License built ME-109s from Hispano Aviación.  Actually CASA HA-1109 or HA-1112s, but cool none the less.  Note the difference in the Merlin engine exhaust stacks coming out of the top sides versus the bottom sides on the Daimler-Benz DB 605A of the ME-109.
Got to fiddle with one of those while a member of the AZ wing of the CAF many years ago.  Very interesting airplane.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.