Author Topic: Saturn has 8 rings...  (Read 5090 times)

mellestad

• friend
Re: Saturn has 8 rings...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 05:55:35 PM »

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
Fair enough. The last link is to Games Workshop itself, so I have fairly high hopes.
It is going to be a straight to DVD affair though, they have said that much themselves.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 06:53:50 PM »
Fair enough. The last link is to Games Workshop itself, so I have fairly high hopes.
It is going to be a straight to DVD affair though, they have said that much themselves.

That is too bad.  I hope they just do it animated then...there is no way they could do a good live action for a smallish budget.

Although I suppose you could do fun stuff with the Inquisition or something on a smaller budget.

Maybe they can be creative though.  I would rather see no movie than a crappy movie.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 07:06:49 PM »
I think that it will be CGI. If they can pull of something as good as the CGI Roughnecks series (Starship Troopers) then I will be happy.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

taurusowner

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »
Cromlech, that series was absolutely awesome.  You are one of the few people I know who even know it exists.  What they really need to do is finish it.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 07:12:18 PM »
Yeah, and considering that we have barely made it off our own planet, it is pretty cool what we can find just sitting here and looking.

Yep....we are the ultimate couch-potatoes of the Universe...  :rolleyes:

Why isn't the good captain wearing pants?

If this was THE LOVE BOAT, you wouldn't be asking this question....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »
Cromlech, that series was absolutely awesome.  You are one of the few people I know who even know it exists.  What they really need to do is finish it.
I used to watch it religiously before and after school. Much better track record for awesomesauce than the movie series...  =D

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2009, 08:57:03 AM »
I used to watch it religiously before and after school. Much better track record for awesomesauce than the movie series...  =D

Marauder was nice. In a SO TERRIBLY FAIL IT LOOPS ALL THE WAY AROUND BACK TO AWESOME.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2009, 10:15:05 PM »
Marauder was nice. In a SO TERRIBLY FAIL IT LOOPS ALL THE WAY AROUND BACK TO AWESOME.

Lol, yea it sucked pretty bad.

Casper Van Dien doesn't seem to a measurable level of pride.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »
Yep....we are the ultimate couch-potatoes of the Universe...  :rolleyes:

My comment was thinking about 1) our knowledge is limited since we are just looking from Earth, but we still are able to find out quite a bit, and 2) thinking how much of what we now know will change once we actually get there in person.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge