Author Topic: Alone in the Office  (Read 5106 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: Alone in the Office
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
Stuff used condoms/wrappers under your boss' door. Leave sex toys in the women's bathroom sink. Use the company plotter (if they have one) to print a life-sized photograph from Zardoz and glue it to the ceiling.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »
They called the snowplows in, so I went drifting in my truck.

When the limited slip rear kicks in I can get some serious drifting action going. Nothing like going drifting down a four lane road.

I was out screwing around for over an hour, didn't see one cop.

I'm pretty happy with my truck, kept it in 2wd drive and made it up hills with 2' snow drifts covering them.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 10:46:41 PM »
Do you put Winter tires on your truck Charby, or keep regular All Terrain tires on it year-round?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
That's one thing I do miss about snow. Drifting without wearing out your tires.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 10:52:29 PM »
I swung back down to my office to throw some wood on for the night. It was down to coals so I'll build it up a little so I can bank it.

The shop is cold. The fire was about out there and the four wheeler is still covered in snow from this afternoon.

They say we might hit 9º tomorrow. But a wind chill still way below zero.

I need a thumb warmer. I'll get the drive clear in the morning. Might have to do it several times if the wind is what they forecast.

I'll be out of smokes by noon. If the road isn't clear I'll see if the store over in town is open and just ride the four wheeler over. It goes faster then the tractor.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 11:06:33 PM »
Do you put Winter tires on your truck Charby, or keep regular All Terrain tires on it year-round?

All Terrain Tires year round. I do miss the Bridgestone Duelers I had on my old truck, but I'm warming up to these General Grabbers that came on my Nissan. I've climbed a pretty steep hill in a foot of snow with out any slippage, in 4wd of course. Been in some mud with them and they did fine, so far so good in the snow.

I've only been stuck one this winter, got high centered in the snow on a frozen lake ice fishing a few weeks ago. Took me about 10 minutes with a coal shovel to dig myself out.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 11:18:24 PM »

Kicked over some rocks at work by mentioning that the foreign nationals can't be doing elevated platform work x ft away from the military aircraft unless something is put up to block access.

Yea, get a couple emails from the COO (at 9pm, always a great sign) stating that we'll be meeting bright and early tomorrow to discuss my position.  Per CEO's guidance.  My boss specifically stated not to come in if I felt it was overly dangerous.  COO left my boss off the email chains. This is gonna be interesting.   

I'm bringing my "snow bag" with me.  Spare clothing, stay-warm stuff, etc. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 11:21:22 PM »
Kicked over some rocks at work by mentioning that the foreign nationals can't be doing elevated platform work x ft away from the military aircraft unless something is put up to block access.

Yea, get a couple emails from the COO (at 9pm, always a great sign) stating that we'll be meeting bright and early tomorrow to discuss my position.  Per CEO's guidance.  My boss specifically stated not to come in if I felt it was overly dangerous.  COO left my boss off the email chains. This is gonna be interesting.   

I'm bringing my "snow bag" with me.  Spare clothing, stay-warm stuff, etc. 

Why don't ya'll hire me to do some elevated platform work? I'm 'murican and looking for a job...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:53 PM »
Why don't ya'll hire me to do some elevated platform work? I'm 'murican and looking for a job...

They're from one of our foreign offices and only in for a few weeks to do a specific thing.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 01:20:53 AM »

I'll be out of smokes by noon. If the road isn't clear I'll see if the store over in town is open and just ride the four wheeler over. It goes faster then the tractor.

jim

As a former smoker, all I can say is "Ouch dude, bad planning, might be a good time to quit." ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
As a former smoker, all I can say is "Ouch dude, bad planning, might be a good time to quit." ;)

You sound like my wife.

jim

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 03:46:40 AM »
Me faw down go boom.

I vowed not to open the front door until Thursday, but I had to mail an important letter, so instead of going to the Post Office I went down the stairs to put it in the building outgoing mail box.

A slight dusting of snow, I thought.

But under it was ice. Went down on the third step, slid down all the rest of the way to the landing on my left hip.  Took my shoes off and went the rest of the way down in my socks.  They tend to have a little more "grabbance" on that stuff.

Fortunately, since I was already down three steps, I didn't fall all the way down, like you might on a slippery sidewalk.  I just hit the top step with my hip and went bumpity-bumpity-bumpity down the rest of the way on that same hip.  I was holding onto the railing, but my hand slipped off that, too.

When I got back upstairs in my socks, I sprinkled some kitty litter and Kosher salt down on the steps from the balcony.  (I keep some of both in the car --this was from my stock quantities I keep upstairs.)

Hope that does the next person down the stairs some good, but I know what will happen: early in the morning the maintenance guy who does the snowblowing will just use a broom on the stairs, since the snow looks so light, and will just sweep my kitty litter and Kosher salt off along with the powdery snow.

I'm OK, I've had worse bumps than that, but I sure pity the next person down if they've swept the stairs and left the layer of ice on the steps.

Serves me right for violating my vow about not even opening the front door until Thursday.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:15:41 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 10:52:27 AM »

Or you could keep a couple sealed pouches/tins of "roll your own" tobacco with your other emergency supplies.  Preparedness ain't just canned bacon and zombie apocalypse level of ammo.

Meeting with COO cancelled.  I could have slept in and not risked my neck at 5am.  Meh.  Was productive as no one was in. 

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
Or you could keep a couple sealed pouches/tins of "roll your own" tobacco with your other emergency supplies.  Preparedness ain't just canned bacon and zombie apocalypse level of ammo.

That's a good idea. I wonder how long a sealed pouch would last inside an ammo can?

jim

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
That's a good idea. I wonder how long a sealed pouch would last inside an ammo can?

jim

Seal the pouch inside a seal-a-meal bag and the cockroaches could be blazing up years after the balloon goes up.

I have some custom blended pipe tobacco that is close to 10 years old that is still fresh, I keep in its pouch in a tupperware container.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 04:23:33 PM »

jim

A while.  You can buy sealed tins instead of the couple oz pouches, they last A Long Time.  I'd personally swap them out every year or so, but I've opened tobacco cans from my poor college days that were perfectly usable.  Worst case, it was slightly dry towards the top.  I tossed in one of my cigar moisture releasing thingies and put the cap back on for a couple hours.  Was roughly 90% as good as tobacco bought directly from the store. 

Think of how long cigars can last with proper care.  No reason why you can't do the same for cigarette tobacco, by controlling moisture. 

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 05:21:31 PM »

Uranus is a gas giant.