Author Topic: "It's baaaaack"  (Read 5100 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: "It's baaaaack"
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 08:50:01 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »
I have heard they are better, but I still am not sure why I would want one.  Trying to remember handling one at a gun show years back after the first release and it seemed large for a single stack 9mm though lightweight. 

I'll have to take a look next time I see one at the store.  Remington sure seems determined to sell this pistol.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 11:50:25 PM »
The 2 independant reviews I read from people who were gunners and vloggers who bought one out of their own pockets said they were still not anything you would to depend on to save yer life as they both experienced multiple failures.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 07:28:44 PM »
I actually handled the Remington R51 today at a gun shop.  Visually, it seemed OK.  Physically I'd say it was about Makarov size.

Cycling it by hand, oh, boy!   Definite hitch halfway through the process.  Probably where that free floating breech block thing disconnects.  I hope this gets better with wear in and appropriate lubing.

Give it a couple years in the field.  I'll stick with my XDS.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.