Author Topic: Another fast food thread.  (Read 916 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Another fast food thread.
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:06:57 PM »
I love breakfast burritos. jackinthebox now serves them all day long, and they are goooooooooood.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Another fast food thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »
We just lost all our JITB locations.  =|  Seems the owner was being a naughty boy when it came to things like his franchise fees and buying product through approved JITB distribution channels.  Sucks, that.  I was quite fond of their Ultimate Sausage sandwiches.

On the upside, Market Street (a local supermarket chain) has breakfast burritoes by the pound.  Bacon weighs less than eggs, doncha know...  >:D

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »
I don't really care for the breakfast burritos from a lot of places. Often they are made with a tortilla too large for the amount of ingrediants, so with each bite you get a thick chunk of tortilla out of proportion to the stuffing ingredients.  :facepalm:

For fastfood breakfast I like McDonald's sausage and cheese Mcmuffin (no egg) or Chick Fil A's chicken biscuit or Hardee's loaded omlette biscuit.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 08:38:25 PM »
I like the standard egg mcmuffin, and mcdonalds chicken biscuit is pretty tasty.

I've never been a big fan of Chik Fil A breakfast. There are options that are tasty, and so I can enjoy it, but the chicken biscuit I do not care for.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 09:23:36 PM »
Sonic breakfast burritos have always been a good one for me.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
Tacos Mexicanos is just down the road.  A local mom & sisters & 3 aunts operation.  They love the fact that the gringo wants lingua for breakfast.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 10:00:42 PM »
The hubby loves him some breakfast burritos, but I'm a bit of a cheapskate.  =D

I make a big batch of sausage/egg/cheese burritos and freeze them. He says, compared to the fast food variety, that they taste better, have more filling, and they cost a lot less.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
The hubby loves him some breakfast burritos, but I'm a bit of a cheapskate.  =D

I make a big batch of sausage/egg/cheese burritos and freeze them. He says, compared to the fast food variety, that they taste better, have more filling, and they cost a lot less.

Duh :facepalm:

:rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »
You're welcome! - Captain Obvious

I just wanted to remind our fellow APSers that eating at home is still an option, depending on who's cooking.  [barf]

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 10:39:50 PM »
You're welcome! - Captain Obvious

I just wanted to remind our fellow APSers that eating at home is still an option, depending on who's cooking.  [barf]

I know that, just being me.   >:D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 10:57:51 PM »
It's not fast food. It's good food, quickly.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 12:04:48 AM »
I cannot really beat the 'Bertos in the San Diego area, Alberto's, Roberto's, Ricoberto's, Adalberto's, Jicoberto's, etc. etc. etc.  Whether stuffed with north of the border goodies or Mexican, their breakfast burritos are greatly to vastly superior to JITB et al.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »
I never did a 'berto's breakfast burrito but I sure did eat a ton of Carne Asada burritos for breakfast from the 'berto's in Imperial Beach. We would send someone down from North Island a few times a week when we didn't have early morning flights to buy them for the shop.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 12:17:14 AM »
I cannot really beat the 'Bertos in the San Diego area, Alberto's, Roberto's, Ricoberto's, Adalberto's, Jicoberto's, etc. etc. etc.  Whether stuffed with north of the border goodies or Mexican, their breakfast burritos are greatly to vastly superior to JITB et al.

Two Captains Obvious in one thread?!

My wife makes some good home-made breakfast burritos, too. And she ain't even a Mex'kin!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife