Author Topic: Weirdos at the gym  (Read 10630 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Weirdos at the gym
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2011, 06:25:21 AM »

ETA: And seeker, generally, when I'm in a mental health facility, it's not so much as an employee.  =| The crayzee is strong in this one...

Oh....in that case....you'd make a perfect caseworker......

....says the former caseworker of more than one mental-health facility....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't have a problem with people not working up a sweat or walking on the treadmill or whatever. I just don't understand it. ;)
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »
I am one of those old farts, 67. However, I powerlift for fun.  I compete if the body holds together during training.  I am a grunter when I go over 400 pounds during squats and deadlifts.  I don't bench much anymore due to to many shoulder lifts.  I belong to a serious gym.  There are wimmin there training for their next body building contest.  The only problem with them is they speak with a lower voice than I do because of the drugs. 

When I belonged to another gym, about 12 years ago, I was deadlifting.  This sweet young thing, the kind that gives the impression that I am really cute, was working at the next lifting rack.  Just as I pulled 465 lbs, she decides to step across the end of the bar.  Wam, right where, well you know.  She complained to the floor manager who came over and told me to watch it.  I explained what happened and also told him that if she wanted to stradle a bar, I know of another one that might not hurt as much......The guy gave me a dirty look and walked away.  I did not stay with that gym much longer.  If the gym was crowded, there was not enough weight plates to do a workout....chris3

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't have a problem with people not working up a sweat or walking on the treadmill or whatever. I just don't understand it.

Balog, two things: I don't sweat as readily as most folks, and I'm limited as to how much I can lift or how long I can be on the treadmill, so I'm not reaching the point where I'm sweating profusely.

Come July, when it's in the 90's here at 10 am, and I'm mowing the lawn? I have to shower and do a complete change of clothes because the mowing clothes are soaked.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:06 PM »
I am one of those old farts, 67. However, I powerlift for fun.  I compete if the body holds together during training.  I am a grunter when I go over 400 pounds during squats and deadlifts.  I don't bench much anymore due to to many shoulder lifts.  I belong to a serious gym.  There are wimmin there training for their next body building contest.  The only problem with them is they speak with a lower voice than I do because of the drugs. 

When I belonged to another gym, about 12 years ago, I was deadlifting.  This sweet young thing, the kind that gives the impression that I am really cute, was working at the next lifting rack.  Just as I pulled 465 lbs, she decides to step across the end of the bar.  Wam, right where, well you know.  She complained to the floor manager who came over and told me to watch it.  I explained what happened and also told him that if she wanted to stradle a bar, I know of another one that might not hurt as much......The guy gave me a dirty look and walked away.  I did not stay with that gym much longer.  If the gym was crowded, there was not enough weight plates to do a workout....chris3

Heh.

A delicate hothouse flower once complained to management I was making too much noise doing bar shrugs with similar weight.  I looked at him like he had a phallus growing out of his head.  WTF, over?  This is a gym, not a library...

The place had started out as a serious gym, but two remodels over the years had attracted the "I don't wanna work too hard at it" crowd.  A new gym, where the management had no problem with folks who wanted to work hard and get their money's worth, soon opened nearby and I joined it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »
Balog, two things: I don't sweat as readily as most folks, and I'm limited as to how much I can lift or how long I can be on the treadmill, so I'm not reaching the point where I'm sweating profusely.

Come July, when it's in the 90's here at 10 am, and I'm mowing the lawn? I have to shower and do a complete change of clothes because the mowing clothes are soaked.

Indeed, and I understand where you're at from your initial answer. I just wanted to clarify what prompted my original question.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.