Author Topic: Maine gets Constitutional Carry  (Read 2290 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Maine gets Constitutional Carry
« on: July 09, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/09/maine-just-made-a-big-pro-gun-decision-involving-concealed-carry/

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine Gov. Paul LePage has signed a bill that will allow residents to carry a concealed handgun without obtaining a permit.

Maine will become the sixth state in the country with such a policy when the law goes into effect 90 days after lawmakers adjourn later this month.

Some good news for a change.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Maine gets Constitutional Carry
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 02:03:38 PM »
That's great news. Do we have any Maine residents here to congratulate? I'm thinking NH is as close as we get.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 02:25:24 PM »
That's great news. Do we have any Maine residents here to congratulate? I'm thinking NH is as close as we get.

Sadly, the residents of Maine all rushed into the streets and forests, and shot each other dead. There are none left to congratulate.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »

Sadly, the residents of Maine all rushed into the streets and forests, and shot each other dead. There are none left to congratulate.

So, how long will New Hampshire residents be forced to drink bottled water?

ETA: Way to go, Mainiacs! :cool:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »
I lived in Thomaston from 1987 to 1994. My folks moved to NH in 2005. So it's been ten years since I visited. I was thinking it would be nice to show my GF the area, especially Camden, Rockport, and the Owl's Head Lighthouse.  This makes the logistics easier.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:20 PM »

That's not completely accurate.  You are totally ignoring the grandmothers who drowned in the blood rushing through the streets.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »
That's not completely accurate.  You are totally ignoring the grandmothers who drowned in the blood rushing through the streets.

stay safe.

You're right. I totally screwed that up, and I feel like a worthless idiot right now. Due to my state's lax gun laws, there's nothing stopping me from shooting myself in the head.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 05:54:40 PM »
How you self-identify is none of my business, but wouldn't it be easier if you drove down the road a bit and allowed some of the other-privileged to deal with your cis-focused patriarchal white privilege worthlessness for you?

Changing focus a bit - I note that as of 5 PM there has been nothing said about folks coming from other states like MA and VT, or even from as far away as NY or RI or CT who will start shooting sprees over parking spaces in front of WalMart.  (Apparently that's not something that folks from New Hampster do.  Must be a cultural thing.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »
How you self-identify is none of my business,

Just had an interesting thought after reading that. If you lived in some place with strict gun laws, could you "identify" as someone who is a citizen of another state? [popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 06:19:12 PM »
Just had an interesting thought after reading that. If you lived in some place with strict gun laws, could you "identify" as someone who is a citizen of another state? [popcorn]

Sure. Right up til the authoritahs come along and you get de-identified.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »

Muh patriarchy!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »
I lived in Thomaston from 1987 to 1994. My folks moved to NH in 2005. So it's been ten years since I visited. I was thinking it would be nice to show my GF the area, especially Camden, Rockport, and the Owl's Head Lighthouse.  This makes the logistics easier.

I lived in Palermo/Rockport/Rockland from 1978 - 1984, and was just back Memorial day weekend for my Grandmother's burial (I wore my Texas winter coat and got mocked for it..."is it wintah? Is it gonna snow?"). My ancestors were Stratham, N.H. 1635-1800 and then Albion, Me 1800-now. Rockland is all cleaned up now. It's like what I remember Camden being like then.

p.s. my little bro' lives on the hill on the back side of Rockland towards Thomaston. Meadow st. up kill hill from Old County rd. 
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 09:45:32 PM »
Holy balls, I know where that is.  I took my first car through its paces up there, the poor dear.  My best friend also lived off of Old County Road, I always loved that valley, as long as the stench from the transfer station was blowing away from you.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:33 PM »
Holy balls, I know where that is.  I took my first car through its paces up there, the poor dear.  My best friend also lived off of Old County Road, I always loved that valley, as long as the stench from the transfer station was blowing away from you.

I honestly don't remember the dump ever stinking and part of my paper route was near there. I think all Rockland smelled like fish then and we didn't have a sense of smell. Do you know any Jackson's from Thomaston? They lived across the river from the prison and ran the dogfish processing plant in Rockland. Their youngest, Victoria, might have gone to school with you. Bill was my sunday school teacher.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 11:43:16 PM »
My late neighbor was from the Stratham NH area.  His daughter and her husband live around there somewhere (603-436-xxxx).
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 11:43:27 PM »
I lived in Thomaston from 1987 to 1994. My folks moved to NH in 2005. So it's been ten years since I visited. I was thinking it would be nice to show my GF the area, especially Camden, Rockport, and the Owl's Head Lighthouse.  This makes the logistics easier.

Does this new law apply only to Maine residents, or does it extend to visitors? A couple of decades ago Acadia National Park was my favorite vacation destination. I've been considering another visit. I haven't gotten around to applying for a Maine carry permit -- it would be reat if I didn't have to.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 11:47:17 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden