Author Topic: More Secret Service sex scandals  (Read 1258 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
More Secret Service sex scandals
« on: August 06, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/investigations/watchdog/20160805-watchdog-dallas-woman-discovers-new-secret-service-sex-scandals-through-public-information-requests.ece

A few lowlights:

A culture of "wheels up; rings off" meant even married agents could party on foreign trips.

Secret Service K-9 units brought their dogs into their hotel room, which the dogs trashed. The agents made payoffs so the incident wouldn't be reported.

A agent who missed his flight later showed up drunk with two prostitutes. He was not disciplined.

Agents "engaged" with prostitutes in Amsterdam's red-light district during an advance team trip.

A supervisor choked a female subordinate because she rejected his sexual advances.

A supervisor offered a subordinate a larger office in return for sex.

A supervisor took a subordinate to a sex show while on duty.

A male agent's gun was stolen by a male prostitute he solicited online. The gun was never recovered.

A manager in the National Threat Assessment Center forced employees to drink alcohol in his office "so that he could trust them." The same manager was accused of multiple incidents of sexual harassment.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: More Secret Service sex scandals
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:53:37 PM »
Just following the examples of their leadership.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 03:56:48 PM »
It's a wonder they haven't lost a protectee in awhile.

Of course they may massively overstate the actual threats for ego and budgetary reasons, therefore these obvious exploitable weaknesses are unlikely to lead to a successful attack.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »
Just following the examples of their leadership.

You just made my mind go to a dark, scary and disgusting place. I am not amused.  [barf]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 04:03:14 PM »
    A supervisor choked a female subordinate because she rejected his sexual advances.

It's unfortunate that she didn't kill him.  I thought spooks knew how to do that sort of thing (if not right then, sometime later and make it look like an embarrassing accident)
"It's good, though..."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »
It's a wonder they haven't lost a protectee in awhile.

Of course they may massively overstate the actual threats for ego and budgetary reasons, therefore these obvious exploitable weaknesses are unlikely to lead to a successful attack.

All this.

It's unfortunate that she didn't kill him.  I thought spooks knew how to do that sort of thing (if not right then, sometime later and make it look like an embarrassing accident)

LOL these aren't spooks.  They're glorified cops.  And I'd bet the average street cop has better physical skills from dealing with low lifes on a daily basis.
The SS is there to look scary and generally do planning for routes, etc.  They're not super cops.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”